Sup Stoners?

DephOne

Hello to all the potheads and medical users. I'd like to start by saying, ..that.. I. I love marijuana.

I live on the east coast and in a very rural area. Good dank bud is hard to come by, and when I do happen to find some. It's wayyy too expensive. So I decided to grow my own plant. Just one. It's not a specific strain that I know of. Or even MMJ. I got a bunch of seeds from a 1/4 of "mids" I got from a friend. I was just wondering, if it does grow and flower(produce bud) what are some indicators that will help me identify the background of this strain. And how do you determine if its sativa or indica?

Thanks to anyone who can help.

And I'm sorry if this doesnt count as an introduction thread.

Welcome Deph, there is a lot of great info here at:420: check out the frequently asked questions, almost anything you need to know on how to grow! generaly a wide leaf is indica and thin would be sativa:) good luck on your grow, If done proper it will be much better than where it came from! If there is something I can help you with look me up. also there are some realy cool folks here willing to share what they know:) but the first thing you should do is read the FAQs:peace:

Hey Deph,

Welcome to the forums. I'm rather new here myself, though I have been studying cannabis for some time. I'll give as much information as possible, but it's a good idea to wait for confirmation from someone who has a bit more exposure and hands-on knowledge than I possess. Much of my information is academic rather than practical.

Generally wider leaves indicate Indica dominant strains, and narrower leaves indicate Sativa dominant strains. Indicas tend to give more of a body effect, good for pain and arthritis and such. Sativas give more of a mental effect, good for anxiety and depression and such. The height of the plant may also be an indicator. Generally speaking, Indicas also tend to be shorter than Sativas. This may or may not be a good indicator, however, given the effects of various hybridization methods and selective breeding. Much depends on your growing methods.

It is a pleasure to meet you. Blessings to you, and good luck on your grow!

CF

Thank you both. That information helps a lot.

Are you guys medical growers, if so, where from?
Marijuana, and Medical Marijuana are still illegal in Maryland. It sucks that we don't even have clinics. I got my foot caught in the lawn mower back in the day and marijuana relieves the pain of my nerve damage. Granted I'm only missing one toe and less than 10% of my actual foot. But it definitely helps ease the pain. But the low grade stuff just doesn't work anymore. I'll have a head high for maybe 30 minutes, and the munchies like a mofo but that's why I wanna try to grow my own.

howdy Deph, sorry about your foot.
not leagal here either, but I would rather get caught with my little grow then buying crap weed off the street:)been able to keep myself stoned and get a buzz with my peeps for a little while know. just the way I like it:)
let me know if you need some advice when you start your venture in farming:peace:

odds are in your favor. good luck! is it bag seed?

thats cool ,my first 3 grows were from bag seed. makes for good practice before you try the store bought.
also the stuff I grew was way better then the sack they came from!:cheer:
there are more kinds of mj then I got life to try, but I'am going to give it a shot to taste them allLOL. right now I'am growing ak48 and critical sensi star,aint never had either of those. but come september I will let you know if I like it and I'am sure I will:)
anyway good!

Oh. So what are the seeds called you order online? And AK-47 is popular on the east coast. Though I've never had it. Honestly. I've only smoked 1 bud that has a name. And that's Blueberry KB(kind bud). It's nice, decent high. But its $140 a 1/4oz so. Yeah.. once my family and I move, I may get more into growing strains. But for now. I just want 1 plant for a free personal stash. Yah know.

And good luck on your grow. I hope they smoke nice and you get a big harvest.

Edit- indoor or outdoor?

stop by and check out my grow, its the link at the bottom got my feet wet now its time to dive in. let me know what you think:peace:

wich plant did you check out? there are a few in there and near the last pages is my current grow.Oh btw:passitleft:

cyber share bro

Hey DephOne, :welcome: to 420 Magazine!

I think you'll find this is the best mmj community out there...dedicated to spreading awareness of the benefits of Cannabis. :thumb:

Our members are some of the most knowledgable and the most helpful anywhere, and I think you'll like it here!

If you haven't already, please take a moment to check out the guidelines: Forum Guidelines, they will assist you in navigating the forum. I also recommend you read through Forum Guideline FAQs before you get started.

Here are some other links that you might also want to check out:
Interested in growing Cannabis? :thumb:

One of the best places to start: How to Grow Marijuana - Everything You Need to Know: How to Grow Marijuana
Grow support: How to Ask for Grow Support
Questions about your grow:
Frequently Asked Questions
How to grow marijuana forum: How to Grow Marijuana
MMJ lounge: Grower's Lounge

One of my favorite places to hang out: Grow Journals

Maybe information is your thing... :)

Cannabis and Hemp related news: 420 News
Just want the facts? Cannabis Facts, Medical Marijuana Facts, Industrial Hemp Facts
And who doesn't love science? Medical Marijuana Scientific Data

Need to learn how to upload photos, embed a video, add a link to your signature, etc.? It's all right here: Member Resources

420 Magazine's Mission Statement:
Mission Statement
Help support the cause: Help Support 420 Magazine

Also, please check out the monthly contests linked below in my signature, and feel free to participate by voting and/or entering...you can win some really cool prizes!

There's so much information here, that it can seem a bit overwhelming at times...hopefully these links will help get you started, and feel free to ask if you need any help!

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom