Super Silver Haze & White Widow DWC 2019

Keep shit simple mate and not much can go wrong. Too many people try to over complicate things and hit people with techno science jargon to make themselves sound Intelligent. I struggled through my first grow because of it then found a mentor who pulled the sock puppets out for me and gave me the simple version. Follow the numbers thpugh and you don't need to know anything else. I still study cos I like helping out on the forums, it's a kind of therapy for me. I could blast out the science stuff but truth is you only need to follow a couple of very basic rules to get a pretty perfect grow. It's remarkably easy once you know the golden rules.
with you on so many points. Been growing decades nearly but loved nft years back and swung to coco ( loved it) Now giving rdwc a whirl too , been a learning curve for such a " simple " way to grow. lol

No worries bud. Best advice I can give you is to follow the ppm. If it goes up at all it's too strong. You want it dropping slightly from day to day. If you can keep it dropping just slightly you'll never get any issues more serious than a wee bit of yellowing here and there. Which is easily fixed with a little extra dose of whatever. It'll keep you pH as stable as it can be too. Your nutes are about spot on just now though. The magic number is
roughly 100ppm per week of veg. Give or take a little.
Bottoms go yellow up the base nutes.
Tops go yellow up the micro nutes.
Mids loose colour and go patchy or if you get rust spots it's calmag.
That's all there is too it really. Follow the ppm, keep the pH in range and that's about all you need to know cos nothing else can go wrong.
Well thanks for the good info, its much appreciated and im gonna keep track and see what happens

with you on so many points. Been growing decades nearly but loved nft years back and swung to coco ( loved it) Now giving rdwc a whirl too , been a learning curve for such a " simple " way to grow. lol
Haha I tried dwc once. I've got a picture somewhere I'll try and find it. Done a 10L just as an experiment to fill some space. didn't have enough air going into it (4w pump) and about 2 weeks before harvest the entire root system just dissolved, the bottom of the stem in the net pot had rotted and the entire plant which I'd lst'd into a nice stocky collapsed out into a perfect starfish. Was funny like. Still smoked it too lol.

I feel you @gangagranddaddy for being "simple " this learning curve is HUGE. 1st plants i tried did not make it past week 3
Just seems like a lot because there's so many different ways to do it mate. Hydro is simple though. Follow the numbers on the sticks and the tops/middle/bottom rule and the rest doesn't really matter cos it'll never pop up. 90% of problems come from following feeding charts. The other 10% is a mix of over complicating things for seedlings, not enough air or people being mental and using soil products lol.
Just remember that less is best. It's always easier to add something in than it is to get something out. If they don't ask for it they don't need it.
Bit of deficit here and there will never hurt them as long as your paying attention. Tox problems can fuck em up pretty quickly though.

Week 3 res change ( introducing nutes) 3 gal resivor. Using RO water starting at 15ppm

1.5mls silica blast
5mls (100ppms) calimagic
1.5mls rapid start
1ml GMB gh flora series trio
1.5mls rapid start
6mls hydrogaurd
1/4 teaspoon great white
Total ppm 170 - 175

Didn't add rapid start twice, it was a typo lol

I feel you @gangagranddaddy for being "simple " this learning curve is HUGE. 1st plants i tried did not make it past week 3
i got rescued by icemann420 and Islandgrow420 after major issues with root rot and stunted growth , no clue on the res and bennies or sterile issue. Read shit loads before i kicked it off and have decades of growing in other mediums but this shit had me like a Virgin in a megabrothel !! No protection for diseases , too much too soon on the feeds. waiting for seedli gs to catch up with established manifolded others. so glad to have completed it wirhout killi g them or hermies. Not such a simple way at all and so far most new converts are hitting the same issues too. Thankfully there are a lot of members around this site to offer support if things need sorting.

Haha I tried dwc once. I've got a picture somewhere I'll try and find it. Done a 10L just as an experiment to fill some space. didn't have enough air going into it (4w pump) and about 2 weeks before harvest the entire root system just dissolved, the bottom of the stem in the net pot had rotted and the entire plant which I'd lst'd into a nice stocky collapsed out into a perfect starfish. Was funny like. Still smoked it too lol.
:confused::confused: that was sad to get so close to the end mate. Even in NFT for years i never ran into rot ever so didnt think about it until i started again a few years back and lost whole crop in kess than a week. Had to flower my only mother plant to rescue harvest. Went into coco following that one and didnt want to change until time to harvests became an issue. glad i changed now i understand it more.

:confused::confused: that was sad to get so close to the end mate. Even in NFT for years i never ran into rot ever so didnt think about it until i started again a few years back and lost whole crop in kess than a week. Had to flower my only mother plant to rescue harvest. Went into coco following that one and didnt want to change until time to harvests became an issue. glad i changed now i understand it more.
Haha fuckin sucks losing plants doesn't it mate. Happens to most at some point for some reason though.
I lost my biggest bud ever to budrot last year. Mephisto Ripley's og.
She Grew as 1.5-2oz of spraff round the outside and a main that was the size of a 2 litre bottle and almost as hard as a frozen one. It turned to dust in 3 or 4 days, a week or so before the chop. Just about reduced me to tears man.
the outside was astonishingly good though.
The anti anxiety effects at tiny doses were unreal. Pretty fucked up stoned at high doses according to a couple of my mates too.

I figure it's pretty impossible to get root rot in NFT though. I run mine at around 27*c most of the time with only 0.3-0.5 ml/L Sm-90 and 0.3ml/L scillica to protect me. Ñever had a problem iether.
The really wierd thing though is that it's usually 3*c+ hotter on the root shelf than the Res so fuck knows how I get away with one. Got 4 thermometers though. 3 different brands and it would take more than a miracle for them all to be equally as wrong lol.

we suffer for our sucess. lol. my nft loss was down to a shit landlord refusing to sort an electrical failure over a weekend ( left us to find electrician ect...) The pump was out for two days along with lights. I assumed all wod be ok as initially looked ok if not a bit pissed off then a week later the deaths started. lost 12 plants that had gotten ridiculously huge ( vegged too long but ambitious at the time!) . Hopefully my last loss of crop ever.

we suffer for our sucess. lol. my nft loss was down to a shit landlord refusing to sort an electrical failure over a weekend ( left us to find electrician ect...) The pump was out for two days along with lights. I assumed all wod be ok as initially looked ok if not a bit pissed off then a week later the deaths started. lost 12 plants that had gotten ridiculously huge ( vegged too long but ambitious at the time!) . Hopefully my last loss of crop ever.
That thought had my hooper going through every grow mate. "What if the pump dies" only a 20 litre Res for mine so it doesnt take much to blow it dry.
It finally happened on grow no4.
was at my mates house cos I got the doom and stripped out 12 hours before the fuckin council turned up to make sure my attic insulation "met national standards" lucky or what!
Anyway, it was a few weeks into veg....
not long after I'd bought a spare pump so I never got to experience it :) haha!sorry mate but im smoking "the edge" and it's got me all sorts of buzzin. True story though.
I actually got a full spare system too cos it was only £10 more than the pump and came with spreader mat that I needed and that costs £8 so I basically got a spare Res for £2 lol

That thought had my hooper going through every grow mate. "What if the pump dies" only a 20 litre Res for mine so it doesnt take much to blow it dry.
It finally happened on grow no4.
was at my mates house cos I got the doom and stripped out 12 hours before the fuckin council turned up to make sure my attic insulation "met national standards" lucky or what!
Anyway, it was a few weeks into veg....
not long after I'd bought a spare pump so I never got to experience it :) haha!sorry mate but im smoking "the edge" and it's got me all sorts of buzzin. True story though.
I actually got a full spare system too cos it was only £10 more than the pump and came with spreader mat that I needed and that costs £8 so I basically got a spare Res for £2 lol
heehee its another example of "simple dwc" proving it is fuck all to do with simple. having spares , extra , replacement bits kicks simple into touch.

We tried private rented to avoid the "need to" panics and it was then that i had my failure.
This latest one to stall me only gave me two days notice (letter arrived sat morn for Monday visit !!!!!) I stripped it out and took measures and the knobheads didnt even look at the loft hatch ,never mind the water tank up there. gutted.lol
need to get back up now they have finished finally. hate the near misses but still cant put myself off growing lol.

Week 3 day 2 3/30/19
They are looking nice, ph is good, on a slight increase, need to dial nutes down a bit, starting ppm 170-175 ppm now is 185-190 and there is still weird dark fibrous shit on my roots. It washes right off tho, nice white roots underneath, will post a pic of the roots tomorrow

Yea, i just got a new 4 bucket recirculating system ( only gonna use 2 for now ) and i have never ran a rdwc before, fingers crossed. Oh and im currently brewing up some heisenberg tea, have you ever used heisenberg tea @ganjagranddaddy?
have seen it mentioned a lot but not used it myself. is it an organic route ?
I hope you dont run into the issues i did initially and a few other folks who use dwcr.
well worth reading a few journals to avoid the simple but grow ending errors with it. keeping the res cool and disease free is paramount to most other things with this method. If you need any help or support , i am happy to help along with many other members here who are amazing with this way of growing.It is a great community and they rally when you run into issues.
Whats in the tea ?.
If you have a journal. It would be great to see the way its made with pics. could help a few more members have a go at making it.

Currently brewing some Heisenberg tea
The ingredients i use are as followed @Ganjagrandaddy
Earthworm castings
Great white
Hydrogaurd
Brown sugar or any sweetener of your choice ( used to feed the microbes)
In a 5 gal bucket i have approximately 3 gal of r o water i put a couple hand fulls of the EWC in a sock and put an airstone with air line in sock and ziptie the end so no particles escape, i then put a half teaspoon of great white and 18mls of hydroguard let brew for 48 hours and add 1/2 cup to 1 cup for initial inoculation and a 1/2 cup every 3 days until root problems are gone, then you can knock it down to a cup a week or res change... it may have organics ( EWC ) but you are not running organics you are simply breeding the microbes. So gonna give it a try... will po

Currently brewing some Heisenberg tea
The ingredients i use are as followed @Ganjagrandaddy
Earthworm castings
Great white
Hydrogaurd
Brown sugar or any sweetener of your choice ( used to feed the microbes)
In a 5 gal bucket i have approximately 3 gal of r o water i put a couple hand fulls of the EWC in a sock and put an airstone with air line in sock and ziptie the end so no particles escape, i then put a half teaspoon of great white and 18mls of hydroguard let brew for 48 hours and add 1/2 cup to 1 cup for initial inoculation and a 1/2 cup every 3 days until root problems are gone, then you can knock it down to a cup a week or res change... it may have organics ( EWC ) but you are not running organics you are simply breeding the microbes. So gonna give it a try... will po
Thanks kentboy. Now have it here to use if needed . saves using pythoff ( crap imo)
I am running hydroguard until i get into flower then am going with silver roots for the final cycles. Will allow root mass to build better before i try sterile res with this product. looks good and keeps roots white and happy.Handy to have the recipe now for killing it off if needed. thanks again kentboy

Back
Top Bottom