Switch lights 3 weeks into flower?

Hey. Got my kelp meal today. North Atlantic Ocean. Canada. Anything nordth of the equator works, right?? 10 lbs in a zip tied clear bag. No info on a sheet card anything. What where would you pros start at per gallon of water? Just asking. And, one more, Use at every watering??? Once a week til you see improvement in leaf color? Just asking.

North Atlantic Ocean. Canada. Anything nordth of the equator works, right??
It is not where it come from in relation to the Equator. It is that it comes from an area that is not polluted with run off from rivers and from dumping of garbage, etc in the ocean. @bobrown14 brings that up in the msg thread I mentioned the other day. It does sound like it could be the right stuff.

What where would you pros start at per gallon of water? Just asking. And, one more, Use at every watering??? Once a week til you see improvement in leaf color? Just asking.
This should have been on the label, including the salt content. If everything is OK then about a tablespoon of crushed up Kelp in a gallon of water. My preference is to let it soak and wait till the next day to add it during a watering session.

You will have to watch the plant for any undesirable effects that might show up. Some kelp, especially the less expensive stuff, is not completely washed so some of the ocean salt remains. Farmers and pet owners will use Kelp as a treat for their animals and to improve their diet at the same time.

I did get some of the stuff from a farm supply and the bag did list salt. I experimented by putting some on half of a small garden bed and some on a one row out of 2 rows of the same vegetable. I did not notice anything going wrong but these garden areas were outside and in the ground, not in containers. The plants that received two feedings of this kelp mixed with water did look better than the others; the flower plants were larger and the flowers themselves were a bit larger and had more color. Same in the vegetable garden. I also added it to the fertilizer and used it on half of the front lawn and did not notice anything going wrong. It was just one quick experiment two years ago and I ran out before I could try it on any of my Cannabis plants.
No info on a sheet card anything.
Which is why I buy from a neighborhood gardening store or a grow shop or hydro store and recommend others do so. The label has the info including suggested mixing ratios for soil-mixes and for mixing with water.

Here is the front of the box. I watered the girls with a small amount in a quart jar yesterday pm. I can sea why it needs to sit for a day or so. I’ve stretched out the watering til 48 hours in between. Leaves aren’t drooping at all. Was waiting 36. Don’t think soil was drying out completely. Our local store that sells some soils and other products was closed for unknown reasons when I called them about kelp. Pkg I purchased was $18/10 lbs.

8C06D446-C8AD-497A-B13C-1D784B97DCFD.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom