Can LED lighting decrease flowering time?

Maik

I built my basement grow room in late December and outfitted it with an Advanced Platinum Series P600 600w light. I ran the lights for 18 hours a day through late February and switched to 12/12 on February 22. Three plants, black jack, bubbleisious and white widow, all feminized seeds. At the five week mark, the black jack started to look like it was nearing harvest time, so I cut a sample from the lower portion and dried it out in my oven for 20 minutes or so. Then I fired it up and was very pleasantly surprised.....it was awesome! Fast forward two weeks and last night I did the same thing with a small bubbleisious bug and holy crap, best I ever had. On all three of the plants, the pistils are turning brown (approx 50%) and the trichromes still appear mostly clear when looked at under my wife's jewelry glass.
So my question is this.....is it possible that they are ready to harvest after only 7 weeks of flowering even though the specs say flowering period is 8-11 weeks?

First time grower here, so it's really an exciting time for me.

Just let them go until the trichs are where you aiming for (cloudy or some amber), as they not ready yet and will get better if you let them go until ready. The numbers they give are a rough estimate and have little meaning, as depends on which genes are prominent far as Indica or Sativa dominant, as just like people you can get different traits come out from seeds from same plant (or same parents far as people goes ;) ). Far as I know type of light doesn't change timing for when they are ready. Similar to overwatering being a newbie mistake same kind of goes for harvesting too early in my opinion, I started in July and when I think they need water I wait another day or two and then water, and when I think they are ready to chop I wait a day or two or seven :rofl:

For the record many people harvest at 8 weeks who should of waited until the 11 th or 12 th week.

Its uber common as is the method to get the most out of the plant , by leaving it until its truly ripe and swollen at the 11 or 12 th week mark.

Its your choice although this grow is probably done.

I built my basement grow room in late December and outfitted it with an Advanced Platinum Series P600 600w light. I ran the lights for 18 hours a day through late February and switched to 12/12 on February 22. Three plants, black jack, bubbleisious and white widow, all feminized seeds. At the five week mark, the black jack started to look like it was nearing harvest time, so I cut a sample from the lower portion and dried it out in my oven for 20 minutes or so. Then I fired it up and was very pleasantly surprised.....it was awesome! Fast forward two weeks and last night I did the same thing with a small bubbleisious bug and holy crap, best I ever had. On all three of the plants, the pistils are turning brown (approx 50%) and the trichromes still appear mostly clear when looked at under my wife's jewelry glass.
So my question is this.....is it possible that they are ready to harvest after only 7 weeks of flowering even though the specs say flowering period is 8-11 weeks?

I have experienced the same outcome. Full spectrum seems to have a timing impact. I also use deep red and far red for sunrise and sunset

...is it possible that they are ready to harvest after only 7 weeks of flowering even though the specs say flowering period is 8-11 weeks?

You will be rewarded with larger and even more potent buds if you keep going to week 10 or 11. You're doing great watching those trichomes. Keep that up, it's really good experience.

Cheers!
/Obi

Back
Top Bottom