Switched from FF soil and nutes to organic

I think you've got too much perlite and peatmoss. Also, I think your pot size is too small. 3 gal? I can't imagine growing plants in 3 gal. pots. My minimum right now is 15 gal, and in homemade smart pots made out of weed cloth. Depending on your grow space and lighting, you could increase to maybe 10 gal. at least.

I recommend good quality coco coir (ground up coconut husks) instead of peat moss. Peat moss is acidic, while coco coir is neutral. The coir can be somewhat difficult to acquire, and the lower quality stuff can have too much salt in it. I look at perlite as something to just add some aeration to your mix, but you don't need much.

I use my own custom made mixture based on: compost soil, volcanic cinder (mostly black cinder), coir, fresh worm compost from our worm bins, and organic ferts from Down to Earth. The ferts: oyster shell powder, seabird guano, bat guano, dolomite, gypsum, greensand, potassium sulfate. I also add a little biochar if I have some. Of course, all of these in the right ratios.

I would avoid molasses because it contains heavy metals, and those will wind up in your resin, primarily lead. I also use Mykos, but not added as part of the soil mixture. I just add some "in the hole" when I'm planting clones or up potting.

good luck! :)
Auto Flowers
Lol not photos

I think you've got too much perlite and peatmoss.
I use a base mix of 50% soil/compost and 25% Peat and 25% but I recommend most growers start off with the 1/3 of each and learning what that mix will do or not do.

The 1/3 of each has been the "Holy Trinity" of soil building for over a 100 years. It becomes the base mix to which we can add other nutrients to meet specific circumstances and needs of the plant. This ratio is the one recommended for the base of Coot's Supersoil or the SubCool Supersoil.

By itself the basic mix is often good enough for seed starting or even growing houseplants in a window sill or a potted flower on the porch railing. Once we add the other nutrients to the mix then things get interesting. We can grow ornamental trees in front of the window or a patio tomato which produces enough tomatoes for salads all through late summer.

For our purposes here we have found the specific nutrients and nutrient mixes and the quantities to add to the Holy Trinity so that our Cannabis plants will grow the quantity and quality of flowers that we want.

The 4-4-4 and 2-8-4 is a blend from a local hydro store, so I have no idea.
And neither do we. That makes it hard to figure out what is going wrong and why.

If you are using 3 gallons of the base mix we still need to know how much of each of the other amendments you added.

It is possible that in 20 gallon pots that soil mix will work. There might be enough to support the needs of the plant as it goes through each phase. However, there is not enough if the pot only has 3 gallons.

Your description states that you’re running 18/6 and lights at 50%…your plant is clearly flowering so I personally would not be running 18/6 and 50% light intensity…not trying to be rude by any means so I hope you don’t think I am. Just trying to help and to me it looks like toxicity. I had something like that with my Lemon G and I flushed it with RO water every 2-4 days for two weeks then back to my normal water/feed schedule.

I did too... and I didn't realize how many holes there were in my knowledge level at that time. I'm still pretty stupid about some things, but that one book gave me a running start. Your big problem as I see it is you confused organic readily available organic nutes with raw elemental nutrients that you bind in with your soil and let the microbes dole out to the plants. You have not taken care of the composting process that makes this happen, nor the building up of the microbe population. That book will show you how to build a soil, then build a container, and then how to make a microbe tea that will start the process of feeding your plants.

There are now some shortcuts to the teas and things... a couple of my grow journals investigated how to grow TLO without ever brewing a tea, using modern microbial inoculant products. But read the book... there is a lot more there than just that. Send me a note and let me know what you think!
Great book though after reading it honestly its not worth the money or the trees its printed on. So get it here and hit me up and ill make sure im seeding it :D

Back
Top Bottom