Switched to flowering 11 days ago indoor without enough bud sites

onthetwofour

420 Member
Newbie Here,
Indoor plants were about 24" (11 weeks veg growth) and I switched them to 12/12 to start budding. Now I realize I hadn't groomed the plants during veg to create several main stems to produce large colas after blooming.
Can/should I go back to veg for enough time to trim sucker branches/large leaves and 'shape' the plants for a more volumnous result for a month or so and then go back to 12/12? I thank you for your advice in advance. Christine

Hi @onthetwofour and welcome to the forum! :welcome:
I would switch them back to 18/6 for a while if it were me, and then I would top them at least once, and then bend over the dominant growth tips so as to induce further branching from the nodes below. This is the advantage of photo period plants, you can veg them as long as you like, to make them into huge, bushy and high producing plants.

Depending on how long they have been in 12/12, there will be some transition time to go back to veg mode, but they will do it for you on your command. Enjoy the rest of your grow!

Thank you very much for the advice-which I've taken. It may set them back a bit but worth it in the end. There's always next babies! C

Back
Top Bottom