Taproot length...and moss?

ycuzican

High, everyone, I haven't been to the grow room since I started my first grow.I usually hang out in the 420 lounge.

Although I never talked here much, it went well, but ended sadly. I leaned alot, thanks.

I've got two questions about my second attempt. The First is: does the length that the taproot grows to, in germination stage, affect the health, size, etc. of the plant? I have one that got an inch long, and sprouted it's first leaves while it was covered in a wet towel. (I know that's not normal, it was kind of an experiment.) It was planted on 4/20, and is now 4 inches tall and has large leaves and growing it's 6th set of leaves. It's tiny and very bushy, I sure hope it's a girl. It looks like a little monster, the nodes are only 1/8' to 1/4" apart. is this due to strain, or am I just doing something right? It was bagseed, I have no idea what it is.

The other question is: why does my soil have patches of thin, bright green moss, or something growing on the surface? I Have an open cabinet in an isolated room with 8, 23 watt cfl's, 24/0, 4-6" inches away. The soil is average potting soil with light solution of miracle grow, and plenty of nitrogen and phosphate added after 3 weeks. 80-90 F, 30-40% hum....??

'scuse me while I spark a hookah of 'dro.......

That makes sense, Moose. So is the solution to that to put a dark plastic over soil, like you do in a raised bed veggie garden?

Back
Top Bottom