Taste like homegrown

theno420

i know my buds are homegrown but there should be a good taste like bomb bud and mine doesnt taste all that great i do feel high when i smoke it but not as high as i thought i would and would like to be. also my buds are not very dense at all kind light and fluffy. does any1 know why or if its fixable? i know i can make hash or brownies and shit but i'd like to smoke it and get high seeing how i have quite a bit. maybe i did something wrong can some1 tell me please thanks :peace: :grinjoint:

Yeswhat he said ^.

What kind of light were they grown under? How did you dry/cure and for how long? How long did you flush for? All things to consider..

What I have done to great tasting tight nugs..

Hangdry (depending on heat and humidiy) 3 days or so. Again very environemnt specific but I wait until the buds are still a bit sticky and the stems are still flexible. Then I cut the buds into 1 gallon jars. about halfway full. Then I seal the jar overnight and this allows more moisture to head out of the stems back into the buds. I take the lid off during the day. I lay the jars on there sides and rotate every 4-6 hours this. Like an extremely slow clothes dryer if you need a mental image, again witht he lid off. The weight of the somewhat moist buds laying on themselves packs them in on each other and they get tight and compact. Every couple of turns I need to break up the clumps by hand or with a little shaking of the jar. Then go back to slow rotation. Over night I keep the jars closed to draw more moisture out.

I repeat this process as needed. I usually go for 3 days or so like this on top of the hang dry. Once the buds are a consistency I like I lay out on a table for 8 hours or so to really the let excess moisture evap. Very important to seal and vent daily during this process and then leave out for the final dry and then seal in jars for the long cure, burping the jars briefly for a week or 2.
Should be hard and still a bit spongy at this point not crumble to pieces dry. If you draw the process out too long you run the risk of mold. If you dry too much/quick it will be harsh and not cure properly.

There are plenty of methods to achieve the effect but this is how I do it and it works for me in my environment. But you get the idea, I hope.

what temp and humitity is ideal for hang time? also will this method mcbudz do anything to help the taste/ smell? thanks for the help. well it definitely wasnt too early so im sure the drying/curing must be the problem. how long should i dry and cure for cuz i still have some plants that are ready that i hung about 20 mins ago? :peace: :thanks:

drying really depends on your environmental conditions and the density of the buds. It will always be different from batch to batch. I have been hang drying for about 3-5 days depending.. I cut from stem and put into jars when the buds feel mostly dry but still a little spongy and the stems still bend. Then I follow the rolling in the jar process until they are ready. No set of time I just do it until the buds are dryish a little spongy and compact. Not crumple apart brittle. Then I close the jars and just crack open once a day for a few weeks. Then you can keep the jars closed for the long term. The buds will get "sweeter" and less harsh over time. a 3 month cure is ideal.

Back
Top Bottom