Temp help please!

JollyPotta

Hi guys,

This is my first grow and I've set up my tent and am good to go! Kind of....

I practise ran my tent today and I'm getting upto 35C temps in my tent with the 4inch fan and filter! I feel this is way too hot! Should I think about purchasing a better extraction fan before my pups enter the tent?

I will add its been pretty hot weather for the UK the past few days but my house is general temp of about 20C

I'm growing 8 ball kush in soil.

Thanks in advance!

Running 600w HPS
T

Maybe get a good 6' RVK L1 and use the other one you have for active intake. But with a 6 inch fan comes a 6inch filter and a 6 inch ducting... you get my drift. Good luck.
Yeh I understand! Just a little pissed off that they sell the 4 inch with the setup I bought when it doesn't even do the job! Is there much noise with a bigger fan? I have neighbours the other side of the wall you see! I'm running about 35C atm but it's a hot day today! Will this effect my plants alot?

Sent from my SM-G900F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

A smidge more information before I make a suggestion if you do not mind. 1st off is your 600 watt HPS an inline cooled or are you merely running a circulation fan aimed at it? How much air circulation are you running? Are you exhausting your air outside or into your living space? Is the intake air coming from your living space or is it pulled from outside? Is it passive intake air or are you using a fan to aid in the intake? Is your 4 inch extraction fan on a timer or a thermostat or a combination of both? Are you able to get an air cooled HPS hood and exhaust that outside?

Without more info the best I could suggest would be pick up an air cooled hood then duct it so you are pulling fresh air in from outside, through the hood and right back outside. This will prevent you from having to filter the air for the hood since the hood itself should be air tight. You would have 3 ducts going outside either through a window or attic, one intake and 2 exhausts. The intake for the tent itself to replace the air from the extraction fan would be inside air since it is easier to have control over its temperature. The fan for the inline exhaust of the light hood would be set on the same timer as the lights themselves, when the light is on the fan is on. Keep in mind though that by using an inline exhaust through a hood you will loose about 5% of the output of light and shorten the life expectancy of the bulb about the same.Hardly worth mentioning but it is a fact.

Hi man and thanks for the reply!

Its just a normal hood on my HPS I'm afraid, and yes it has a fan aimed at it. I'm awaiting a delivery on a clip on fan which I hope to put as close as possible.

I'm exhausting into the (what used to be) chimney of my house (old house) I must stress I'm an absolute noob, I probably should of done more study on the actual tent instead of just the plants needs! I knew what temp they needed but didn't really think too much on how to provide it, I guess I thought my start up, 'complete' kit would accommodate.

Yes my fan is on the timer with the light.

I haven't got an intake as of yet (I've just ordered one after yours and other comments! Doh! So hopefully this will help. If the intake doesn't provide the desired temps I'll have to invest in a vented hood!

In the distant future, would it make sense to invest in some decent L.E.D lighting? Seems to produce far less heat and use far less electric?

Back
Top Bottom