Temp. question

SwissCheese79

I just recently removed my space heater in my veg space because my girls are getting big and need the extra room. With the space heater on a thermostat the temps averaged 77 degrees F. Without the heater the temps are averaging 71 degrees. Is this o.k. for veg? I can put the heater back in if neccessary.

Wish spring would show up so this problem can go away! My basement temps are 52 now and will rise to 65 with some warm weather.

:420:

I just recently removed my space heater in my veg space because my girls are getting big and need the extra room. With the space heater on a thermostat the temps averaged 77 degrees F. Without the heater the temps are averaging 71 degrees. Is this o.k. for veg? I can put the heater back in if neccessary.

Wish spring would show up so this problem can go away! My basement temps are 52 now and will rise to 65 with some warm weather.

:420:

Hi SwissCheese -

It's going to depend on the strain a little bit, but I think most Indica strains are going to be comfortable at 71f. It seems a little cooler than optimum, though. Is it getting down to 52f when lights are off? I'd be a bit more concerned with that number than the 71f, but you should be okay either way I think.

Here's a little info from Ed Rosenthal regarding temperatures:

"Marijuana plants are very hardy and survive over a wide range of temperatures. They can withstand extremely hot weather - up to 120 degrees - as long as they have adequate supplies of water. Cannabis seedlings regularly survive light frost at the beginning of the season.

Both excessively high and low temperatures can slow marijuana's rate of metabolism and growth. The plants function best in moderate temperatures - between 60 and 85 degrees. As more light is made available, the ideal temperature for normal plant growth increases. In high temperature and moderate light conditions, the plant's stems elongate. Strong light and low temperature conditions will decrease stem elongation. During periods of low light, sem elongation can be decreased by lowering the temperature.

Temperatures below 50 degrees slow growth in most varieties of marijuana. When the temperature drops below 40 degrees, the plants may experience some damage and require about 24 hours to resume growth. Low nighttime temperatures may delay or prevent bud maturation. Some equatorial varieties stop growth after a few 40 degree nights".

If you are maintaining 71f due to 24 hr lighting than you're fine with any strain. Hopefully you'll have some warmer temps for flowering during lights out - sounds like you'll be just fine. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom