Terpenes

Do everything right during the grow is the best way. Welcome to the forum. There are lots of resources here to help you achieve your goal

Had to change this post, I was not wearing my glasses when I read you post. You want information on drying and curing.

On the grow side of it... a good flush plus increased sugar levels in the last two weeks helped me increase resin and terpene production in most strains.
When my dry times get shortened I notice a difference in aroma as well. Boveda packs and using paper bags to help slow the dry down work on a small scale.:goodluck:

Yes I think I'm drying too fast or not curing long enough this run I'll try to slow down my drying and see if there's a difference
Try hanging the whole plant without trimming anything off for about 5 days then go ahead and trim off the big fan leaves leaving the sugar leaves until you dry it completely and then do your final trim.
Also DO NOT dry them until the branch snaps like everyone suggests.
Instead,just dry it enough to where the stem splits a little when you bend it and when you squeeze the buds it should give but not crumble.

I agree with Nature. Once I cut my main fan leaves off I will cut the branches into sections but leave the buds attached. I will very gently put them in a paper bag and leave in a damper than normal closet, just to slow it down some more.
I would rather place the buds in jars early and be forced to burp the jars for a longer period to achieve the dryness I prefer. I never use to store for very long term but I would say it should reach full potential relatively quick if grown well.
The drying/cure process has always been my worst phase of growing. Thankfully I don't have to worry about it at work, that's someone else's headache.

The growing is going great but I haven't got my curing down. I've had ak47 curing for 3 weeks and I did jar it with a bit more moisture this time but I can't seem to match the terpene profile I get from my licenced producer and that stuff is bone dry when you get it

Attachments

• 20181027_112933.jpg
    20181027_112933.jpg
    420.5 KB · Views: 20
The strain could be a different phenotype or from a different breeder all together.
What nutrient line do you use? Which additives as well?

Yes I've only bought crop king and single seeds from unknown breeders.
i grow in promix hp I use the whole remo nutrient line and have tried bud candy and most recently terpinator

Back
Top Bottom