The 4x4 Grow Tent Club

Nice! that will no doubt serve you well, congrats.

Caneye - nice scrog unit you've got there! i've been considering building a set of those for my next run after seeing Arteekay and Jaybizz's handiwork. How do you like it?

Hey KingSnake! Thank you! There is another one hidden back right corner lol. The modular scrog is my new best friend! Crazy cheap to make. :cheer:
StayFrosty
CanEyeBus

awesome! yeah they look so handy, and way cheaper than a commercial one i bet. I was thinking to make 4, one for each that would JUST slide together in my tent and allow me to move them in and out for watering still. I want to Scrog, but I shudder at the thought of not being able to move them around.

Indeed, hence the reason I went with the in pot modular method. I need to be able to pull the girls out frequently. Had to figure something out. Coming from 64 2ltrs to just four larger pots was a no brainer now that I've done it. Pvc is your friend my grow brethren. I see thise fancy smansy scrog set-ups. I actually like one that is advertised here.

yeah for sure, theres some great commercial units out there. were i little more flush in the financial department i might consider going that route for convenience's sake, but, alas.. PVC and i have a long standing relationship, i'd hate to turn my back on it now.

Grow-Bro :high-five:

haha

i finally got my first true leaves but ive never seen anything like this... any input King?
20160305_225458.jpg
20160305_225348.jpg
20160305_225341.jpg

it happens; let her grow and she might surprise you.

every now and then you'll get a seed with some sort of mutation or deformity, but they usually work themselves out; normally i'd say its due to the seed not being 100% mature or getting 100% of the required nutrients it needed before it was harvested, could have just been from the bottom of a seeded plant or something.

all things considered, thats one of the better ones i've seen :p haha they can come out of their shells pretty gnarly sometimes

it happens; let her grow and she might surprise you.

every now and then you'll get a seed with some sort of mutation or deformity, but they usually work themselves out; normally i'd say its due to the seed not being 100% mature or getting 100% of the required nutrients it needed before it was harvested, could have just been from the bottom of a seeded plant or something.

all things considered, thats one of the better ones i've seen :p haha they can come out of their shells pretty gnarly sometimes
Agree completely. I have seen grows where the first true leaves are all kind of wonky, but they grow to be regular plants. No worries man, it will be just fine.

question, since mars is going up in prices I am going with hps, was wondering if 600 would be perfect sized for my 4x4 or more.
not gonna do veg flower separate .
gonna veg all at once then flower and have clones prepping in my closet with my 300 mars.
And would it be best to get 1 600 or 2 300 hps? for best coverage.

question, since mars is going up in prices I am going with hps, was wondering if 600 would be perfect sized for my 4x4 or more.
not gonna do veg flower separate .
gonna veg all at once then flower and have clones prepping in my closet with my 300 mars.
And would it be best to get 1 600 or 2 300 hps? for best coverage.

I didn't have any issues with veg or flower in my 4x4 with 600w MH or HPS. But that's me. Like I've said, I'm OCD and babysit quite intensely.

How about a dimmable 600w? They offer mh/hps combos that should do the trick. If you are wanting to do led....Mars II 1200 will do a 3x3 nicely.

Anyone here ever hear of BOSSLED? found them on amazon and it seems they are from the uk.
Was looking at hps grow lights and they popped up in the search but are led.
they had a 1000w listed for 169 that's why I am wondering if they are good, their site lists items at having a 3 year warranty and all reviews on amazon are pos.
If they are good then might try them and put the hps on temp hold.
they have a site call bossledgrowlights but wanted details before I jump on them, dunno if their new or what.

Edited
They are from China and have a office in china and the UK and the U.S.
Not trying to advertise for them just want details on their quality since they have a excellent low price

BlazingBill,
Cant say I have ever heard of those lights. However, I have heard of Mars lights. They are a sponsor and have inexpensive leds that grow great herb. Lots of journals here document that. Why settle for the anazon reviews?
Sounds like you are on a budget and for the money, I would check out with the known commodity. (Mars)

PS.... I re-read your quote and had to smile. 1000w led for $169? Really? I'm pretty sure a quality 1000w HID aren't that cheap.
Sounds fishy to me. IMO.:reading420magazine:

I say this with only theoretical knowledge of LED lights;

looking at the site, the diamond series looks like an old mars clone, sold for cheaper - the light layout shows an awful lot of red bulbs tho, with only 7 blue ones - may be best for flower those ones..

they have a GoldenRing series tho that i would be more inclined to look at the 800W over the 900W Diamond - 10W dual chips, with it noted that you can replace any parts yourself in "less that 3 minutes" for only $10 more than the 900W. They also list a par value for the goldenrings, 426umol/m, ive only started to learn about par values, so cant comment on that further other than to note that none of the other lights in question mention a par value.

Hard to say tho. Mars is well documented here, but they are certainly not as cheap as the boss lights. Spectrum on both is comparable.

I'll continue to assume that you get what you pay for when it comes to LED's tho, so take that for what its worth, haha; never know where they cheaped out to make it so affordable.

more research required IMO

I have a mars 300 atm in the closet on my mother, but i noticed their prices are jumping higher and higher, take the 300 for instance its already jumped 10.00 more and the others are climbing instead of going down, so gonna go hps now instead.
figure a nice 1000w hid setup in my 4x4 should do some good.

I have a mars 300 atm in the closet on my mother, but i noticed their prices are jumping higher and higher, take the 300 for instance its already jumped 10.00 more and the others are climbing instead of going down, so gonna go hps now instead.
figure a nice 1000w hid setup in my 4x4 should do some good.

Hope you got a plan to cool that tent. I think DIY LED is the way to do it. Same PPFD without the heat issues.

I live in a desert. I seriously had to put a damn space heater in my tent. I'm trying to germinate in these rapid rooters and I had to add heat. The humidifier ran till the walls started getting wet. Turned it off, popped in the space heater and my temps and humidity are perfect. It's been a little over 24 hours and I'm waiting for them to sprout up. Temp is at 79 and humidity levels started at 99% and I have gradually reduced it down to 50%. Any suggestions at this point?

I used RO water PH'ed to 7.0 and mykos for the seeds. I haven't added any sea weed extract or anything as I don't want to overdo it.

Back
Top Bottom