The 2x2 & 2x4 Grow Tent Club

BedroomFarmer

*inspired by the 4x4 tent club*

I figured I would start this thread for all of us indoor growers growing in 2x2 tents, so we can share our tips and tricks. I have been seeing more and more micro grows and figure this will be a big help for new growers and growers looking to downsize. Feel free to post your 2x2/2x4 photos and info or any questions.

Cool I'll join in
2 x 4 x 7 tall figured I would post some pictures :thumb:

I run a SUN-RISE & SUN-SET Routine so thats the reason for the
different colors

Oh these are all old photos I upgraded a few things since

@Gazoo Dammmmmn! Awesome setup. Not sure what else to say but it appears you have a slight OCD or whatever strain you were on when building that was working some organizational magic in your brain! I need some of that to say the least.

@Gazoo Dammmmmn! Awesome setup. Not sure what else to say but it appears you have a slight OCD or whatever strain you were on when building that was working some organizational magic in your brain! I need some of that to say the least.

Thanks my friend

Funny you mentioned OCD as I do have that issue. I have found growing is a great outlet
for it, I let it run wild in my grow room :thumb: its a great release

Wow Gaz, your set up is really working for you. Those scrog buds look most excellent. :drool: think I can only get 1 of the screens in my 2x2 but that would still be nice. What was the final weight and how much time from veg to harvest?

Thanks buddy, It has been a ongoing build. Its been moved from Closet to Closet and then Room to Room.
I think I finally satisfied my OCD in that I now have it in the best spot :rofl:

Also Mostly pieced together from CL :cough:

I average 5 to 7 ounces each plant (2 per grow). Oh thats Washed, Dried & Cured weight.

I will have to look back and figure out which grow it was :hmmmm: I think that may have been my
first DBHB run.

Ah forgot I run seed so normally 5 months to harvest

Thanks buddy, It has been a ongoing build. Its been moved from Closed to Closet and then Room to Room.
I think I finally satisfied my OCD in that I now have it in the best spot :rofl:

Also Mostly pieced together from CL :cough:

I average 5 to 7 ounces each plant (2 per grow). Oh thats Washed, Dried & Cured weight.

I will have to look back and figure out which grow it was :hmmmm: I think that may have been my
first DBHB run.

Ah forgot I run seed so normally 5 months to harvest
I dont think I have OCD but I can definitely relate to moving all the grow stuff around a hundred times till its perfect.
10- 14oz is over a half pound/ just under a pound. That's awesome for such a small space. Thanks Gaz! :passitleft:

20190821_141616.jpg
20190821_140952.jpg
20190821_141103.jpg
20190821_141243.jpg

Here is my set up. Went from a 4x4 space to a 2x2x4. Wish it was a little taller but so far it's a been lot more manageable and it was a lot cheaper to get started with quality equipment.

Been trying to keep it simple with this setup because my last one got a little out of control. just had a harvest of either 5 or 6 plants (cant recall) in 2l bottles and a dry weight of 3oz. 12/12 from seed, about 2-3 months to harvest. Still have some 2l left in the tent but will soon be all 1 gal.

Next round ill be doing 9x 1gal pots in a staggered sog. I have a 2x2x3 veg tent that I use to veg and keep males. Hoping to hit half a pound every 2-3 months while also seeding individual plants. Id eventually like to add in a flood table for DTW coco but the height. Love the ability to grow multiple strains at once.

Details:
Duct booster fan for exhaust, heat isn't an issue, even in summer and is exhausted into the same room.
Carbon filter for smell, had this left over from my larger grow. Hard to fit a carbon filter in such a small tent but it turns out it works just as good sitting next to the tent on the out side. Also the air in the bedroom just seems fresher.
6" ducts in the side ports to minimize tent suck. These need to be painted or covered with duct insulation.
Mini Fan for canopy air movement
Lights: aboard with far red included, added in deep red strips and a UVA strip. My last harvest was the most frosty for sure. Nice tight buds. Really happy with how the boards performed

I dont think I have OCD but I can definitely relate to moving all the grow stuff around a hundred times till its perfect.
10- 14oz is over a half pound/ just under a pound. That's awesome for such a small space. Thanks Gaz! :passitleft:

20190821_141616.jpg
20190821_140952.jpg
20190821_141103.jpg
20190821_141243.jpg

Here is my set up. Went from a 4x4 space to a 2x2x4. Wish it was a little taller but so far it's a been lot more manageable and it was a lot cheaper to get started with quality equipment.

Been trying to keep it simple with this setup because my last one got a little out of control. just had a harvest of either 5 or 6 plants (cant recall) in 2l bottles and a dry weight of 3oz. 12/12 from seed, about 2-3 months to harvest. Still have some 2l left in the tent but will soon be all 1 gal.

Next round ill be doing 9x 1gal pots in a staggered sog. I have a 2x2x3 veg tent that I use to veg and keep males. Hoping to hit half a pound every 2-3 months while also seeding individual plants. Id eventually like to add in a flood table for DTW coco but the height. Love the ability to grow multiple strains at once.

Details:
Duct booster fan for exhaust, heat isn't an issue, even in summer and is exhausted into the same room.
Carbon filter for smell, had this left over from my larger grow. Hard to fit a carbon filter in such a small tent but it turns out it works just as good sitting next to the tent on the out side. Also the air in the bedroom just seems fresher.
6" ducts in the side ports to minimize tent suck. These need to be painted or covered with duct insulation.
Mini Fan for canopy air movement
Lights: aboard with far red included, added in deep red strips and a UVA strip. My last harvest was the most frosty for sure. Nice tight buds. Really happy with how the boards performed

Your lights look awesome

Been wanting to pull the Trigger on the QB lights, Especially now that they are adding the different Spectrum
diodes :) Only problem is I purchased a LIFE TIME Supply of 400W hps / mh Bulbs and ballasts on a CL Deal

The hps work well just use more electricity but the 400 shouldn't be bad on th electric bill. Seems to be working well anyways. Your buds look great

Thanks a bunch :high-five: I was looking into the QBs in an attempt to cool things down
but have a suspicion it will actually increase the heat in my tent ?

I Feel the same amount of Watts are going to produce the same amount of heat
BUT No Way to exhaust the heat, UNLIKE HID sealed hoods that I can run some
air through and out of the tent there is no way to do that with LED.

I will probably wait until I can open up my 4 X 4 and be able to add my portable AC
IN the tent. at the moment I have to run my 2 X 4 open to keep it all in line with my VPD.
Expecting being able to close the tent and have room for all the environment WITHIN the
tent should make things a lot easier.

Just added My Newest DIY Upgrade to my 2 X 4

Small Tents dont allow for LIGHT MOVERS so if I cant MOVE the LIGHTS
I'll MOVE the PLANT ;)

DIY Electric PLANT SPINNER

Got bored and found myself thinking about the PLANT SPINNER again :hmmmm:

My original version, using the electric clock movement, did not have enough torque to
turn the weight of the pot

Thinking what could I repurpose, I remembered seeing a Watch display that was turning :idea:

Did google search for "Electric Display Stand" and found a few. Sadly non of the models
have a speed adjustment. The slowest model was 45 sec per revolution and supports 44 lbs
6" dia.

360 degree rotate more stablel, up to 20kg capacity. On/Off switch on the base side, Dia:6inch,
Rotation Speed: 45 seconds/circle;AC Power (110V-120V);
can be rotated by hand or Power (even when on)

28 usd shipped :(

Thinking maybe I can use a Fan SPEED ADJUSTMENT Unit or even a LIGHT Dimmer
to slow it down ?
ANSWER NO Just stops, does not slow

Next idea was to remove all the Teeth EXCEPT 1, on the Motor Drive gear.
Result went from 45 Second Revolution to 3 min 55 sec Per Revolution (4 min)

Still being to Fast I figured I could adjust it down further with my ADDTOP Timmer
that allows me to set 3 start/stop TIMES per day.

Set it to come on every 4 hours for 1 to 2 min during lights on.

Result = is 1 Revolution Per Day

Lights come on at 10 pm
4hrs later = 1st time on for 1 min (
90 deg counter clockwise)
4hrs later = 2nd time on for 2 min (
180 deg clockwise)
4hrs later = last time on for 1 min (
Lights out at 2 pm (4 hrs later)

lights are on for 16 hrs in veg

EDIT: Just realized the DIRECTION CHANGES with each on/off cycle :hmmmm:
Ok this still works but I do miss one 90 deg position.

I want to MAKE SURE Her Day STARTS at the same position each morning, dont want to confuse her

spinner_1.jpg

gear_4.jpg

IMG_3679.JPG

spinner_complete_1.jpg

Last edited: Today at 1:12 PM

:meditate:

Just added My Newest DIY Upgrade to my 2 X 4

Small Tents dont allow for LIGHT MOVERS so if I cant MOVE the LIGHTS
I'll MOVE the PLANT ;)

Link to my DIY Electric PLANT SPINNER

Got bored and found myself thinking about the PLANT SPINNER again :hmmmm:

My original version, using the electric clock movement, did not have enough torque to
turn the weight of the pot

Thinking what could I repurpose, I remembered seeing a Watch display that was turning :idea:

Did google search for "Electric Display Stand" and found a few. Sadly non of the models
have a speed adjustment. The slowest model was 45 sec per revolution and supports 44 lbs
6" dia.

360 degree rotate more stablel, up to 20kg capacity. On/Off switch on the base side, Dia:6inch,
Rotation Speed: 45 seconds/circle;AC Power (110V-120V);
can be rotated by hand or Power (even when on)

28 usd shipped :(

Thinking maybe I can use a Fan SPEED ADJUSTMENT Unit or even a LIGHT Dimmer
to slow it down ?
ANSWER NO Just stops, does not slow

Next idea was to remove all the Teeth EXCEPT 1, on the Motor Drive gear.
Result went from 45 Second Revolution to 3 min 55 sec Per Revolution (4 min)

Still being to Fast I figured I could adjust it down further with my ADDTOP Timmer
that allows me to set 3 start/stop TIMES per day.

Set it to come on every 4 hours for 1 to 2 min during lights on.

Result = is 1 Revolution Per Day

Lights come on at 10 pm
4hrs later = 1st time on for 1 min (
4hrs later = 2nd time on for 2 min (
180 deg clockwise)
4hrs later = last time on for 1 min (
Lights out at 2 pm (4 hrs later)

lights are on for 16 hrs in veg

EDIT: Just realized the DIRECTION CHANGES with each on/off cycle :hmmmm:
Ok this still works but I do miss one 90 deg position.

I want to MAKE SURE Her Day STARTS at the same position each morning, dont want to confuse her

spinner_1.jpg

gear_4.jpg

IMG_3679.JPG

spinner_complete_1.jpg

Last edited: Today at 1:12 PM

:meditate:

This is the most fantastic thing ive ever seen for ingenuity. Awesome bud.

Hello all! This is my first grow, been wanting to for years but haven't had the space until recently.

I have a 2x4x7 and a 2x4x4 tent and haven't made a journal for this run, so figured I'd introduce myself and show where I'm at so far.

Running only one strain, feminized kushberry photo from seed.

My big girl is in a 7gal fabric pot with organic soil just from Lowe's, next run will be ffof.

Clone in 1gal fabric pot with ffof. Just recently up potted from solo cup size cup.

Running fox farms trio, calmag, silica blast, kelp me kelp you, great white, and beastie blooms.

Under a 600w hps light in the big tent and a sunraise 300w Amazon led in the smaller tent.

Currently at day 69 from seed on the big girl, just flipped to 12/12 lights 7 days ago. I may have been too ambitious with my long veg time. I might have underestimated the stretch. She has grown almost a full 12inches in the last 7 days. Nutty. It's very exciting though.

Fimmed the larger clone 5 days ago and trained it over just today with some garden wire.

Anyways here's some pics of it the last couple days.

20191024_111820.jpg
20191024_111806.jpg
20191024_110430.jpg
20191024_110419.jpg
20191024_110409.jpg
20191024_110401.jpg

20191022_084603.jpg
15719303740118308857715569177208.jpg

Attachments

• IMG951324.jpg
    IMG951324.jpg
    382.7 KB · Views: 258