The Mountain: Grow Support From The Over 50 Club

Don't treat the PM. Treat the CAUSE of the PM.
A little voice in my head just said "What is the cause?"
And to that voice I say, "Hey, I'm on meds to keep from hearing you ... but, wtf, it's a good question so ..."

The cause is more than likely environmental. That is, your room is too humid, and warm. Get the room humidity down to about 50% or less and your plants will be healthier. Either by air conditioning, or dehumidifying ... but, do it.

I'm going back to arguing with the voices in my head now.

~Auggie~

Auggie... you hang in there man. Sometimes when I have the voices in my head.... someone is actually talking to me?? (And sometimes they're not) lol :peace:

Auggie... you hang in there man. Sometimes when I have the voices in my head.... someone is actually talking to me?? (And sometimes they're not) lol :peace:

What I find very vexing is when I think something ... then everyone looks at me.
Then I find out that I didn't think it - I actually said it out loud.

Usually happens when I see a female with large hooters; or when my boss or wife is bitching me out.
Hate when that happens - though it does feel good (for a minute) to tell the boss to fuck off.

SparkNShred, First.. thanks a bunch for at least acknowledging my post! :) When I look at this plant that was given to me, I see something that looks absolutely nothing like the 3 plants I started from seed. I'm wondering whether this plant is even worth keeping? My other 3 are full of thick growth, color is very nice and they just give an overall impression of healthy plants! This one... well, it's very sparse, tons of distance between the "branches", If I would count every leaf on this plant, I'm betting it wouldn't add up to the leaf count of 1 or 2 branches on any of my other plants?? I guess I'm trying to figure out what's different about this plant?? I know there's no way to determine the strain by looking at a picture, and sex when it's not in flower, just wondering why it looks so different? :peace:

A few things.... I'd say that clone is a Sativa dominant strain. Also, it looks like it was topped, so you have 3 main colas, instead of 1. THIS IS GOOD! Sativas are notoriously stretchy and topping will control the height(somewhat) and increase yield. Now, I don't have severe height restricts and mess about with plants as little as possible(i.e. no lst or scrog). That said, I would think more main colas would especially good for such techniques.

can an old goat get an answer here?
Has anyone experienced the problem I have with this ak48 strain?
My nodes are so tight that at over 6 nodes she is only 1-3/4" tall, and way too tight to even get the fiskars in to top.
It does not bother me, I was just curious, and have been looking for a reason to converse with people, I am kinda a shut-in but I do enjoy talking with people.
Anyways, I have some Ak's going and some chocolope (1), it, the choco is a fem seed, but the chocolope is not as tight as the AK-48's are.
With all the hating going on against G.M.O., why do my brother heads grow with fem seeds, wouldn't they be a prime example of G.M.O.?

me again, on the subject of fem... is it my imagination or is it possible through the right environ control to pretty much assure that one gets females from reg seeds? I do think I have it down, I use reg seeds and out of a ten pack I can coax a personal average of 80-90% female, I base this on my last 11 grows. Really do you think this can be the case or do all my efforts lead into coincidence?:peace:

how old is this plant? In myopinion its just the genetics of the seed and should start to spread out as it gets but that is just my opinion not a fact. Also what is GMO and who are the brother heads? Feel free to add me as a friend and converse with me any time you would like I always enjoy talking to a fellow 420er

from all the research i have done on the fem subject there is nothing you can do to make it female but alot of stress on the plant can make it turn out a male. Once again I dont know this for a fact it is just what I have read in ny research. Id love to hear what you are doing though because 80-90 percent out of a 10 pack 11 grows in a row is absolutley amazing and whether it is making them fems or not I am not sure but would deff love to try it out and see if it works for me as well and this way you can find out if your theory is correct

from all the research i have done on the fem subject there is nothing you can do to make it female but alot of stress on the plant can make it turn out a male. Once again I dont know this for a fact it is just what I have read in ny research. Id love to hear what you are doing though because 80-90 percent out of a 10 pack 11 grows in a row is absolutley amazing and whether it is making them fems or not I am not sure but would deff love to try it out and see if it works for me as well and this way you can find out if your theory is correct

It really comes down to the genetics of the seed, the environment and even feeding and watering scehedules can affect your percentage.
Bob is correct especially late in the flowering cycle when a plant is straining to reproduce male flowering can and does occur. As far as the pure percentages ares concerned it also has to do with the law of averages those percentages shift over time especially if you don't stickwith one strain.Best of luck!

Hello everybody!
I've been growing for a while now and with 4 or 5 exceptions it's all been white widow. I consider myself pretty good at growing this strain but ran into a problem I can't figure out. First my info:
DWC hydro setup
Temperature in low to mid 70's. 80 degrees at canopy top
humidity-low 40% range
maxi grow and maxi boom nutes. only with cal-mag and gold zone root conditioner added.
Ph at 5.7
ppm's at around 1,000.
5th week of flowering completed on 12/2
3 plants total.
moderate scrog grow with net about 8" from base of plant.
Used fim-ing extensively.

Problem: one of the plants has had pistils turning brown for quite some time. Trichomes are turning amber. Appears ready to harvest but....How can this be? 5 weeks?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
TT

5 weeks from seed? sounds like a real fast autoflower. if its a photo and 5 weeks in flower it coould be spliff seeds white widow from their gold line. check their site for info they claim its a photo that goes from seed to harvest in ten weeks

5 weeks from seed? sounds like a real fast autoflower. if its a photo and 5 weeks in flower it coould be spliff seeds white widow from their gold line. check their site for info they claim its a photo that goes from seed to harvest in ten weeks
Thanks Marley. I appreciate your time.
I planted 3 WW seeds from Mandala seeds. They all grew at the same rate and flowered at the same time. The plant in question has very healthy looking leaves and no signs of pests, disease, nute, or leaf burn. The buds stopped growing and the pistils started changing. Buds overall are smaller than the other 2. Today I oven dried a few buds and tried it. Maybe just a little effect but it didn't burn well. I had a hard time drawing and the joint kept going out. I am going to dry some more and repeat.

Chapter 15, Grow Bible II edition has some good info. on Breeding. A top layer of sand covering you're dirt will put them gnats on wheels.

rifleman, that's great that you're gaining so much know how! Just don't forget to help out newbies when you are the "oldtimer" with all the experience! :) What a great community we have here! :peace:

I just want to say thanks to everyone of you who shares their knowledge. I am learning so much reading through the archives. Thanks again. :goodjob:

Just don't forget to help out newbies when you are the "oldtimer" with all the experience! :) What a great community we have here! :peace:

I look forward to the day that I have knowledge that I can relay to others. I've got a vast wealth of book knowledge on this, but no hands on experience until now. I can't really say I know how to do much until I've fiddled it out first myself.

-I am very excited by the potential of auto plants. At the risk of sounding repetitive, they can utilize wasted light during the vegetative stage in a grow room and be pulled out when you flip your plants for a basically free harvest!

That is what I am planning on doing. I'm only two weeks into my first grow. UPH I'd appreciate it if you'd glance over my grow journal if you get a chance and give me your thoughts.

I am very excited by the potential of auto plants. At the risk of sounding repetitive, they can utilize wasted light during the vegetative stage in a grow room and be pulled out when you flip your plants for a basically free harvest!

Hey Uptheholler ... I am sorry, but I just can't get my brain around this statement. I don't understand. Please expand and explain.

What do you mean by pulling out a plant when you flip for a free harvest. I know what a 'flip' is - its when you are getting a massage and its time for a happy ending and mama san says "you flip ova now honny", OR its when you put your plants on 12/12. I assume you mean the latter and not the former ... but, why would you pull them out? And how do you get an extra harvest?

Please explain ...

~ Auggie ~

Do believe what UTH means is the autos do their thing (flower) under any lighting. When you`re vegging your photo period plants, the auto`s while be flowering right along with `em. The flip is when you switch 18-6 to 12-12 light cycle. When the auto`s are mature enough you harvest `em, hence the "extra harvest". Hope this helps a little. Peace.

Do believe what UTH means is the autos do their thing (flower) under any lighting. When you`re vegging your photo period plants, the auto`s while be flowering right along with `em. The flip is when you switch 18-6 to 12-12 light cycle. When the auto`s are mature enough you harvest `em, hence the "extra harvest". Hope this helps a little. Peace.

Exactly what I am hoping to do. Here is the top of my bubble kush auto on day 28. I have a couple of bag seed plants vegging while my girls fatten up. Finding 420mag and people willing to openly share their knowledge sure has made this easier :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom