The Mountain: Grow Support From The Over 50 Club

I am from the very heart of Generation X, aka The Awesome Generation.

It has been said that many of us turned 30 at 10, and remained 30 ever since.

I wish it took as long to get from 50 to 75 as it did to get from birth to 25 years old. Just seems like it took a lot longer when I was a kid.
Seventy five is not that bad if it wasn't for the pains that come with it. Can't get around or bend the ol' body like I use too. Cannabis helps, both smoking and taking CCO eases the pains.
But this keeps me going.

20230703_124830[1].jpg

I'm gunna go all cranky old man here, if it ain't broke ... well then let's just break it. what's with the new menu?? why give me the option to not receive emails about this shit or that shit if a can't opt out... like the "never receive push notices" button... I've pushed it a kabillion times an it does shit. but i guess we need to be like tik talk and have lots of flashy buttons an shit so our 10 second attention span doesn't wander. where have all the flowers gone my friend

Seventy five is not that bad if it wasn't for the pains that come with it.
@gr865, I'm with you, I'm in my 70's as well. Got a kick out of your post.
Do you grow outdoor? Hope I'm not being too instrusive.

Take care and nice to have read your post.

@gr865, I'm with you, I'm in my 70's as well. Got a kick out of your post.
Do you grow outdoor? Hope I'm not being too instrusive.

Take care and nice to have read your post.
Thanks,
No, I don't grow outside, wish I could, live in a non Cannabis friendly state. So it's all in the tent for me.
When the plants are young I put them outside to get the burst of sunlight that they love.

6/25 The Doi Si Dos at 3 days since emerge.
20230625_090912.jpg

7/14 These have been under T5 lamps until Tuesday of this week when I started taking them outside during the day and put in the tent under the HLG Scorpion Diablo at night.
20230714_104158.jpg
20230714_104209.jpg

7/14 The height is 14 inches today.
20230714_105923.jpg

7/9 This is the Doi Si Dos on the first day she was put outside
20230709_092510.jpg

Outdoor grow question;
Is it necessary to regulate the ph for plants growing in pots, outdoors?

Outdoor grow question;
I grow indoors in LOS I never have a need to check/monitor PH, I would think It would depend on your grow medium. With Hydro or synthetic nutes, I believe it is more critical to monitor/regulate PH

@Vegan4life, hope your day is going well.

I read somewhere that it is required for a good indoor grow, whereas outdoor grow does'nt need it. It doesn't really mean much to me since I grow outdoor.

Anyway, thanks for your response and I hope you grows are sucessful.

This never happed, we had 2 beach houses rented for my buddy's retirement party, but Covid hit a month before we were to have the party. A bunch of 70+ old hippies on the beach for three days.
20230820_103604[1].jpg

Outdoor grow question;
That depends on what's in your pots. In the ground outdoors the microbes handle the pH so it is not necessary to monitor it, or try to change it, yourself.

Same is true indoors if growing organically with microbes in pots.

But, in a pot with salt based nutes, it is necessary whether indoors or out.

@Vegan4life, hope your day is going well.

I read somewhere that it is required for a good indoor grow, whereas outdoor grow does'nt need it. It doesn't really mean much to me since I grow outdoor.

Anyway, thanks for your response and I hope you grows are sucessful.
I never PH my water or teas for my LOS, I grow in 20 gallon pots indoors with great success. I also believe that growing with LOS in large pots (15 gallon +) helps with a successful harvest.

Hey all , haven't chimed in this forum in quite a while -- I ph inside regardless and also let my water stand for a couple days to gas off the chlorine -- I always follow the rule "can't hurt" .. But outside no, outdoor soil is way better than anything you can buy in my opinion and my outside plants are monsters... This was last years Cement Shoes - nicknamed Godzilla --- this years is even bigger ..

Happy Growing

MotaMan

IMG_2483.JPEG

Hey all , haven't chimed in this forum in quite a while -- I ph inside regardless and also let my water stand for a couple days to gas off the chlorine -- I always follow the rule "can't hurt" .. But outside no, outdoor soil is way better than anything you can buy in my opinion and my outside plants are monsters... This was last years Cement Shoes - nicknamed Godzilla --- this years is even bigger ..

Happy Growing

MotaMan

IMG_2483.JPEG
Looks Great! Where are the pics of this years?

:hookah:

Here's this years -- waiting on another week before cutting her down. I figure 2-3 days to get it all done...

This is second generation Lavender Purple Kush. I'd thought she'd be small like her seed mother, but this patch of ground I got in the back just pops out monsters..

Happy Growing

MotaMan

IMG_3482.JPEG

IMG_3483.JPEG

IMG_3484.JPEG

Back
Top Bottom