Thee Sweet Tooth Auto Extravaganza

Nice setup Dutty! I would like to bottle some of your energy please.
BTW I just sprouted my 1st auto: A Dutch Passion Blueberry, she's about a week old now I think.

Today and tomorrow I ain't gonna do shit but smoke and eat and have a few beers. I'm pretty worn out. Didn't even show you guys the vegetable work I've done or the field work I did to be able to put goats out on the blackberries. Had to make temporary fencing the chains were not working well.

1432314287236_IMG_20150520_125750_941.jpg

High brix Dutch

On the high brix Dutch? Well you must be psychic zig cause Im on bowl two back to back in the fish bong. Report coming. As for sweet tooth wasn't able to shoot the video hopefully today.

This is roughly how much space I have to see my autos lol....
room2605-1.jpg

....so have just done a few quick snaps with a point and shoot instead of a big camera...

Think she's still fattening up...
room2605-2.jpg

room2605-4.jpg

Above is the branch I topped late with the big bud behind.

Below is another bud with the branch I bent on the tallest top in the background. Maybe made a slight difference to get that bit into slightly better light but nothing spectacular.
room2605-5.jpg

I've read that auto's lack potency compared to photo strains. Is this still the case or have the breeders gotten closer to eliminating that? I was also told that the taste is off and has a hemp taste.

If nothing else do autos make decent concentrates?

I don't plan on going with all autos at any point but I'd like to have a couple in the yard to keep me busy. If good smoke can be grown from them it's a bonus but if nothing else they are still cool plants.

Oh, I've been following along and trying to catch up so sorry if you've covered this but, it doesn't look like you defoliated much and that you left all the bud sites on the bottom 1/4 of the plant. Do autos produce quality bud at that level or do they just respond poorly to being cleaned up making it pointless?

I've read that auto's lack potency compared to photo strains. Is this still the case or have the breeders gotten closer to eliminating that? I was also told that the taste is off and has a hemp taste.

If nothing else do autos make decent concentrates?

I don't plan on going with all autos at any point but I'd like to have a couple in the yard to keep me busy. If good smoke can be grown from them it's a bonus but if nothing else they are still cool plants.

Oh, I've been following along and trying to catch up so sorry if you've covered this but, it doesn't look like you defoliated much and that you left all the bud sites on the bottom 1/4 of the plant. Do autos produce quality bud at that level or do they just respond poorly to being cleaned up making it pointless?

Helo jay, yes autos can produce quality smoke. The breeders now have them pretty dialed in.your looking at 15% thc on the LOW end and most running 18 to 20 and some hi thc strains up to 23% when grown correctly. You can also produce hi volumes when picking the right strains and understanding the life cycle of an auto.Also I have never had any thing but compliments on the taste of the meds I have grown with auto's so if some one these days says they can taste the "Auto" in the plant they may have smoked one too many lol. And your last point defoliation and popcorn bud trimming. LST is highly recommended with auto's if you like. It doesn't stunt the growth and produces many main colas some circumstances (check out my auto link for lst pics) defoliation is fine to a certain extent as well as trimming popcorn from the bottom but most stay away from anything too heavy bc the life of an auto flower is predetermined by genetics wich is why no clones are taken from autos effectively. Anything done during any stage of the auto to stunt the growth WILL effect the over all yield.. how much is determined by how bad the plant was stunted. All this being said.... some folks top them some folks lolly pop them and all other methods .... to each there own but that's my 2 cents bud

Back
Top Bottom