There is no Dark Side of the Moon, it's all dark a matter a fact

creamfan6

I bought dark side of the moon two nites ago and it changed my life it's incrdible i just want to know eveyrone thoughts on this album and floyd

I've never had a better high experience then watching 'Pink Floyd Live at Pompeii'

I wasn't a Floyd fan until that night. Dark side of the moon is easily one of my favorites now.

if you guys want some truly good floyd check out these albums...

piper at the gates of dawn 1967 (probably my favorite, syd barrett is seriously up there with roger waters in leading the band)

a saucerful of secrets 1968 (this is where the pink floyd that you probably know began...this is the first album david gilmour and roger waters were in the band, a nice beginning for the new pink floyd)

more 1969 (this album is alright...few really good songs...this album was actually an album pink floyd did for the movie 'more', havnt seen it but heard its sucks)

atom heart mother 1970(the title track is a damn good trip song, possibly favorite album)

meddle 1971 (has the song 'echoes...god damn...possibly favorite album)

obscured by clouds 1972 (damn good album, has some good songs)

darkside of da moon 1973 (you guys already know this one im sure)

wish you were here 1975 (sure you guys know this one too...shine on you crazy diamond is a damn good song)

animals 1977 (probably in my top 3..their best older album in my opinion)

the wall 1979 (overall not a really good album, but has some good songs...like 'comfortable numb' and 'hey you')

these albums i recommend to be a hardcore fan of pink first...becuase i dont really like them, but you migh...

the final cut 1983 - (roger basically did this album by his self, he turned out to be a bastard in the end, if you love the wall this is probably a good album for you since the wall was basically 80% roger waters)

a momentary lapse of reason 1987 - (david gilmour trying to keep pink floyd alive..i didnt really like this album)

the division bell 1994 - (high hopes is a good song...last pink floyd album...david gilmour is a legend)

I love Pink Floyd as one of my three favorite bands, but I don't like older Floyd. They were so much more different. A deep deep british band with Syd Berrate, with less jamming and poorer recording quality. Syd was a bitch too. When he left Pink Floyd, he tried to end them and take the name with him. It was much much better later on with Roger Waters.

420dentist said:
I love Pink Floyd as one of my three favorite bands, but I don't like older Floyd. They were so much more different. A deep deep british band with Syd Berrate, with less jamming and poorer recording quality. Syd was a bitch too. When he left Pink Floyd, he tried to end them and take the name with him. It was much much better later on with Roger Waters.

well i really dont know anything about syd barret besides he tripped on acid alot...oh and how are you even going to compare syd's one album to rogers like what 5+ albums...bad argument man...but it all comes down to opinion.

im just more into their older 'more' psychadelic shit...the newer is good, but i guess it got old...those first 6 albums ill guarantee you've barely heard shit off them...actually i can almost guarantee you've heard none of it...im saying this to people as a whole, since the first 6 albums werent played on the radio, etc...

PinkZeppelin said:
well i really dont know anything about syd barret besides he tripped on acid alot...oh and how are you even going to compare syd's one album to rogers like what 5+ albums...bad argument man...but it all comes down to opinion.

bad argument??? Somebody said old floyd was better, so I gave them my opinion. It's not a bad argument.

I was also wondering about the trippy assss guy talking through out the album he ssays some crazy shit, i wanna know whos voice that is and y it's there its crazy man crazy

ThievingJesus said:
if youre into psycadellic check out syds solo shit, a little too acid fueled for my taste, but some trippy shit

ill look it up...i already got a roger waters album from the 90s and listened to it...it was alright...the album was called 'amused to death'

Right.. Syd Barret was as much as the Pink Floyd while he was in the band. IMO it was like Rolling Stones with Brian Jones. Barrets solo albums are great ! Even the guy was bit out of my level of conscious, he was a great singer and writer. Brian Jones in other hand was and still IS the Rolling Stones. Rolling Stones after Brian Jones are just blues root rock n roll. When Jones was alive, he wanted to try always something new, ordinary, taking risks..also with hard drugs unfortunately. But if there is no risks and some danger, there is no real ROCK N ROLL!

Haha sorry out of topic rant... Dark Side of the Moon is one of the greatest albums. BUT it also is a nice smoke my fellow Slow Heads!

Dark Side of the Moon strain is indica dominant hybrid, with nice and relaxing body effect but still has this "I need to create something" thingy in it!:rollit:Little tree shaped Nugs are covered with shiny coat and nice fruity smell with hint of kush. When smoked the kushy taste is there when exhale. Would like to try to vape it ! Maybe some day. Until that this Slow Head will keep spliffs rolling and burning. Jamaica-Ding-Dong and so on :peacetwo:

Right.. Syd Barret was as much as the Pink Floyd while he was in the band. IMO it was like Rolling Stones with Brian Jones. Barrets solo albums are great ! Even the guy was bit out of my level of conscious, he was a great singer and writer. Brian Jones in other hand was and still IS the Rolling Stones. Rolling Stones after Brian Jones are just blues root rock n roll. When Jones was alive, he wanted to try always something new, ordinary, taking risks..also with hard drugs unfortunately. But if there is no risks and some danger, there is no real ROCK N ROLL!

Haha sorry out of topic rant... Dark Side of the Moon is one of the greatest albums. BUT it also is a nice smoke my fellow Slow Heads!

Dark Side of the Moon strain is indica dominant hybrid, with nice and relaxing body effect but still has this "I need to create something" thingy in it!:rollit:Little tree shaped Nugs are covered with shiny coat and nice fruity smell with hint of kush. When smoked the kushy taste is there when exhale. Would like to try to vape it ! Maybe some day. Until that this Slow Head will keep spliffs rolling and burning. Jamaica-Ding-Dong and so on :peacetwo:

It's a 20 year old post, but Dark Side of the Moon is considered by many to be the best Rock Album every produced. Been to a few of their concerts in the 70's-80's, never dissapointed

It's a 20 year old post, but Dark Side of the Moon is considered by many to be the best Rock Album every produced. Been to a few of their concerts in the 70's-80's, never dissapointed
Nice one man! And sorry to bring 20year old post again on :peacetwo:

That's just amazing ! I had a chance to go to see this "The Wall" or something 3D "Pink Floyd" concert like 15 years ago... did not want to break the illusion that had in my head so sold my tickets to friend. After the concert he told me that it was cool gig but nothing to do with the "Pink Floyd"... So fortunately did the right move.. I think....

Nothing would compare to concerts that you had witnessed during 70's-80's :adore: Lucky you !

Have a great and safe year 2024 Phytoplankton !

When I landed in New Zealand from the UK, 2007 I think it was, someone said to me, hey -------- s'pose you don't fancy going to a Roger Waters concert on Thursday do ya? Dark Side of The Moon...?
My first week in a new country and I somehow end up watching Roger Waters on open air stage doing Dark Side of The Moon..... I sat there with the summer sun going down, a light breeze brought a beautiful haze of lovely cannabis smoke from people to my left. Ahhhh, it was a night to remember.

Back
Top Bottom