Anyone put any credence into harvesting on a full moon?

jokerlola

I have one plant for sure I'm going to harvest tonight but my other plants (including my in-ground plant could be harvested but should probably go another week or so. Today/tonight is a full moon. Anyone put any credence in harvesting on a full moon? Also the plant I am going to harvest tonight, should I chop and hang because it' the full moon or would it be better to bring her in and put her in 2 or 3 days of darkness first? BTW, these are all outdoor plants.

No, there's no evidence that the moon phases affect marijuana. The term "Harvest Moon" simply means that for several days (in the northern hemispere) the full moon rises at the same time time. The bright moon was a boon to farmers before the advent of articifical lighting, hence, "Harvest Moon". Just as an FYI, the harvest moon this year was Sept. 21.

If you can easily bring them into complete darkness for a couple/few days it will facilitate the plant using up stored sugars and carbs, which ultimately should make for a smoother smoke.

No, there's no evidence that the moon phases affect marijuana. The term "Harvest Moon" simply means that for several days (in the northern hemispere) the full moon rises at the same time time. The bright moon was a boon to farmers before the advent of articifical lighting, hence, "Harvest Moon". Just as an FYI, the harvest moon this year was Sept. 21.

If you can easily bring them into complete darkness for a couple/few days it will facilitate the plant using up stored sugars and carbs, which ultimately should make for a smoother smoke.

OK. My older cousin has been growing for many years and he's really big on trying to harvest his plants on a full moon. If his plants are going to be ready within a week of a full moon he will either wait to harvest or harvest a little early to hit that full moon night. I've never been tried to harvest on a full moon but for a couple of plants, I'm right at that window but I will bring them in for 48 hours of dark tonight and chop them in 2 days.

My older cousin has been growing for many years and he's really big on trying to harvest his plants on a full moon.
Whether it actually means anything is "up in the air" as the saying goes. Some people plant and harvest according to the phase of the moon. If it makes the farmer or gardener happy and if it helps them pay more attention to what they are planting and growing then there is no harm that I can see as long as they don't start believing weird stuff at the same time.

Gotta keep in mind that science theory does put the origins of life on this planet being possible because of the tides being able to help move and mix the water. The higher tides that occur during the New Moon and the Full Moon phase helped introduce additional mixing.

And so here we are, still looking at the moon for guidance just like the first multi-cell organism that developed eyes and could see the world around it.

The Farmer's Almanac has all the phases of the moon and what farmers and gardeners should find important at each one.

Back
Top Bottom