Thinking of making a slight change

sabarius

I am growing in a stealth box now, my first grow, soil. My plants are still young, less than 2 weeks old. i was planning on doing 2 micro bubblers (micro bubble ponics) and 2 in soil. i saw from someone on here already said that you can grow them in the same area. So my questions are, can i take 2 little ones that I've already got going in soil and continue them in a micro bubbler? And, does anyone know of anyone who has a micro dwc goin right now that i could check out and get some ideas from? Thanks all! Lookin forward to some answers!!

Re: Thinking of making a slight change.

It's like that, some people just read because they're curious. Other people quite frankly don't know. Just like I did, clicked on your thread for the heck of it. They might be as green as you, or greener. I'm still waiting for a reply on my thread after 183 unique views. Good luck mate, hopefully someone will reply soon :)

I am growing in a stealth box now, my first grow, soil. My plants are still young, less than 2 weeks old. i was planning on doing 2 micro bubblers (micro bubble ponics) and 2 in soil. i saw from someone on here already said that you can grow them in the same area. So my questions are, can i take 2 little ones that I've already got going in soil and continue them in a micro bubbler? And, does anyone know of anyone who has a micro dwc goin right now that i could check out and get some ideas from? Thanks all! Lookin forward to some answers!!

I think the cheapest way to get into hydro is a 25gal tote 4 a res and a 250gph water pump and a couple 5gal buckets. 75.00 or less and your up and running, check out my grow and how I got started in hydro, and stay tuned for my next journal.

:peace:

The downside of doing micro bubblers is that with multiple plants, you have multiple containers to maintain temp, pH, ppm, etc. It definitely adds more maintenance as opposed to having one reservoir (25 gal for example) with multiple plants. Also, if you haven't done hydro before it's important to understand that the bigger the reservoir and the more solution each plant has, the more stable it will be so it's less sensitive to pH changes as the plants grow. When they start to flower and you only have a small reservoir or container (1 gal or so) for each plant, you'll most likely see wild swings in pH almost daily. The plants get a little "crazy" when they flower and you'll see big drops, rises, etc. With only a gal or so per plant, you'll be chasing it everyday and when the plant gets big and the roots fill the container, it'll be difficult to keep the water well oxygenated as well.

If you can keep a plant or two really small, maybe a micro-bubbler in a small space may work for you but if you're doing more plants than that. You're better off with a big rubber tote or something similar as a main reservoir (especially with DWC).

Just my opinion though, YMMV.

:thumb:

The downside of doing micro bubblers is that with multiple plants, you have multiple containers to maintain temp, pH, ppm, etc. It definitely adds more maintenance as opposed to having one reservoir (25 gal for example) with multiple plants. Also, if you haven't done hydro before it's important to understand that the bigger the reservoir and the more solution each plant has, the more stable it will be so it's less sensitive to pH changes as the plants grow. When they start to flower and you only have a small reservoir or container (1 gal or so) for each plant, you'll most likely see wild swings in pH almost daily. The plants get a little "crazy" when they flower and you'll see big drops, rises, etc. With only a gal or so per plant, you'll be chasing it everyday and when the plant gets big and the roots fill the container, it'll be difficult to keep the water well oxygenated as well.

If you can keep a plant or two really small, maybe a micro-bubbler in a small space may work for you but if you're doing more plants than that. You're better off with a big rubber tote or something similar as a main reservoir (especially with DWC).

Just my opinion though, YMMV.

:thumb:
damn bro i never though about the size in relation to the potency of the solution! but i think what i wanna do is just try it with one, just so i can you know tinker with it and just get to know how it works you know? im a hands on kinda guy. thanks man i appriciate some GOOD advice finally :)

Back
Top Bottom