This one additive has made the biggest difference so far, for me

dakotamoon

There are many versions of this product, but I heard a podcast that raved about
Mycorrhiza
being added when transplanting seedlings! My product is from RootRescue , but many other manufacturers stock similar products.

Transplanter MS-CS Organic Plant Starter with 18 species of Mycorrhiza - 45g
It blew me away 48 hours after the transplant, wow my plants are really taking off, no stopping them.

This is a soil grow project with Earthjuice Veg bat guano, and Earthjuice micro blast.

My plants are growing so fast I can barely keep up with them.

Yeah, beneficial microbes are, well, beneficial for those who walk the "organic" path. They're like mama bird, where the plant is the chick.

From everything I’ve read mycorrhizals take quite a while to get established - like over a month at minimum. They also don’t necessarily do well, to say the least, in typical indoor cannabis growing conditions. I suspect it’s the other ‘bio-stimulants’ the product mentions that are doing the trick. :thumb:

I read something once about having to add different types of them at different times so that they could get properly established. Something about some outcompeting the other or... something, IDK. Wasn't really interested in the subject at the time, because I was running sterile DWC and supplementing daily with H₂O₂.

My ‘knowledge’ is vague. I think it’s the beneficial bacteria like trichoderma which have more of the quick fix effect that we see. People use beneficial teas in DTW hydro with good results. If I remember right trichoderma, and possibly some of the other bacteria tend to work against the the mycos make it difficult for them to get established. Also mycorrhizal fungi apparently can’t live too well with high P and it’s questionable whether they can survive in most indoor grows.

Back
Top Bottom