TiKanis - Grow 1 - Various Autos - LED - Soil

TiKanis

Greetings everyone. Welcome to my first journal and foray into the wonderful world of Auto's and growing! I am hoping that I can maintain a somewhat detailed and comprehensive journal to help myself and aid others in any way I can.

Please do not be shy with your comments, opinions and thoughts as I need all the information and advice I can get. I'm a big boy......it's called constructive criticism.

I am hoping to keep this somewhat perpetual, for a while any way. Wish me luck!

:Namaste:

On to the show.

I am growing in a 2x4x7 tent with a 6" carbon filter/ 400 cfm fan hookup.
Soil: Fox Farms Happy Frog amended with dolomite lime, Azomite and 25% perlite.
Lighting: 18/6 - 2 Mars-Hydro 98x5 Reflector LED's (207 pulled watts each.) 24" above girls and CFLs supplementing as needed.
Pots: I have 3 -3 gal. Airpots and the remaining pots are 9x9 square 3 gal.
PH Testing: Oakton EcoTestr PH2 and a Control Wizard Accurate8 Soil PH and moisture meter
Nutes: Fox Farms Trio. I also have Botonicare CalMag+, Silica Blast, Canna PK13/14, Beastie bloom and ChaChing. (Not that I will be using all of these but it is what I have available.)
Water so far is tap water that has been sitting out for a couple days.

AND the stars of the show... My Girls! I have one of each of:
Bubblelicious and No. Lights from Nirvana
Blackstone from Autoflower-portal
Toof Decay and Alien X Triangle from Mephisto Genetics.

Bubblelicious, No. Lights and the Blackstone are 11 days old today and not looking too bad. They have probably been a bit overwatered...typical noob mistake. The Toof Decay just popped above soil yesterday so today she is 1 day old. The AlienX is another story. I popped her in the soil last Monday and she has been twisting and turning trying to find her way to daylight. I finally saw her poke her head out yesterday but she looks ill and I'm not sure if she's going to make it or not. I will give her another day or two to see how it goes. I got a little too ambitious with having 5 girls at the same time anyway. I need to do 4 then add 2 more in a month or so if I want to go perpetual.

To start, I noticed a problem already with my Blackstone. She has had zero nutes, other than what is on the soil. When I watered her Friday, she did get splashed on but I wiped it off the best I could. This morning I noticed rust spots already. I can't water/feed her yet as her pot is still too moist. Suggestions/thoughts? I have read that these can be nute sensitive.....but already? Perhaps. Foliar spray?

The 3 bigger girls have had a light watering on Friday. Soil is reading 6.7 on all pots, RH is 25/61, temps 66/84.

Bubblelicious Day 11.
image11347.jpeg

No. Lights Day 11.
image11348.jpeg

Blackstone Day 11.
image11349.jpeg

Toof Decay Day 1.
image11350.jpeg

And the struggling Alien X Triangle.
image11351.jpeg

Thanks for checking me out. Please feel free to provide me with any comments, criticism, advice or anything else you feel I may need.

:peacetwo::passitleft:

Looking good so far and :welcome: to :420:! They do look a tad over watered at the moment. Best thing you can do is let them dry out completely before next water. If you can, toss some fox farm boomerang with next watering and they will perk right back up.

The alien x is looking rough, but only time will tell. Good luck, I'll follow along!

Thanks Nismo. Glad to have you along!

I will check out Boomerang!

Edit to add: I do have Boomerang! Should I wait until they are almost wilting? The pots already feel lighter....but the accurate8 moisture meter reads about 4-5. I will def. wait. Thanks for the tip.
Early on in my 2nd journal a couple were having issues. I gave it to them twice and they have since recovered and exploded. :thumb:

Thank you Canna! Great to have you on board as well! Wheeee ;) this is gonna be fun!

As I am sure almost EVERY noob worries about over watering their girls! I am no stranger to this obviously! How often should newborns be watered? Should I wait until my moisture meter says 1? Canna, I read something yesterday that you wrote about how to water. It made perfect sense and that's what I will do. Now, it is just determining when exactly that would be. I worry so much about NOT giving them enough water.

Thank you Canna! Great to have you on board as well! Wheeee ;) this is gonna be fun!

As I am sure almost EVERY noob worries about over watering their girls! I am no stranger to this obviously! How often should newborns be watered? Should I wait until my moisture meter says 1? Canna, I read something yesterday that you wrote about how to water. It made perfect sense and that's what I will do. Now, it is just determining when exactly that would be. I worry so much about NOT giving them enough water.
Check out the 'how to water properly' link in my signature. It should help, it helped us.

3 gallons of our soil in smart pots weight roughly 6 lbs. Dry. You can weigh them and judge it that way. We used to do that first starting, but now lifting them is sufficient for us now.

Okay. Here's my thoughts.

First....any thoughts on the rusty spots on the Blackstone? Should I just hold out and see how it goes? I've never seen this just from water on the leaves but that is all I can think of. She couldn't be having Calmag def already can she?

Second. I'm going to wait until they are completely dry before I water again. I anticipate this could be next weekend but if it's longer, so be it. I'm going to wait! By that time, they will be 2 to 2-1/2 weeks old. Would that be a good time to water with their first dose of FF nutes including the Boomerang? In looking at the FF schedule, I would use a 1/4 dose of the Big Bloom and Grow big w/ Boomerang. I'm also thinking to throw in some cal-mag as well. What are the thoughts on Silica Blast? I heard that the silica is good for nute uptake. I know.....I'm getting a bit over eager here and I don't want to overdo it. Anyone...please advise! I want to do this right and well, they are just still so young, I want to maximize their potential.

Third. After I mix nutes, how long can I keep them in the container before they'd go bad? Emilya has some great points in that my thinking was water everyone at the same time but I need to treat them as individuals and feed each one when they are ready to be fed.

Thanks for any advice, thoughts and comment!

:Namaste:

If the lights were too close and there was water on the leaves, the light and water probably burnt the leaf. Water on a leaf acts like a magnifying glass. It intensifies the light. No big deal. Those leaves will probably stay like that until you decide to defoliate them.

I think 2.5 weeks is a little young to try to give nutes. Nismo would know when it's safe to start introducing nutes. Your soil should still have nutes for them at this point.

I would only mix what you need for nutes. That way there is less chance of contamination.

Back
Top Bottom