Time to hervest from seed 8.5 weeks what does it mean ?

James dBong

Hello, so the seed bank told that the seed takes 8.5 weeks what is that all about? 8.5 is 8 weeks more 5 weeks ? if so is my plant life cycle is going to get in time before die? se have almost 6 weeks and she showed the sex 3 4 day ago, and she is small, and outdoor, is she going to be ok ? :thanks:

Hello, so the seed bank told that the seed takes 8.5 weeks what is that all about? 8.5 is 8 weeks more 5 weeks ? if so is my plant life cycle is going to get in time before die? se have almost 6 weeks and she showed the sex 3 4 day ago, and she is small, and outdoor, is she going to be ok ? :thanks:

Hi, it means that the plant should be ready in 8 and 1/2 weeks, 2 months or so; just to be sure, can you tell the strain and company names? to give everyone the chance to get involved!

From my experience (indoor, soil, led) with autos, they are always "late" if compared with the bank's schedule.
I usually don't care how old is a plant, I grow them on sight, check their status everyday and harvest just when they are ready to me.
I can do this because I don't have to sell it or use it as medicine, so I don't have any need to follow any schedule.

For sure, if your plants showed their sex 3-4 days ago, they will not be ready in 2-3 weeks. Give the a couple of months in flowering if you wanna see a decent flower development.

Cheers,
Mrwhat

8.5 weeks sounds really ambitious. Remember these companies have direct financial incentive to make their product sound as good as possible, to paint the rosiest possible picture. I have never grown autos but however.

Nothing I have read makes me think any plant, including autos can FULLY flower in less than 8 weeks. And common sense seems to say the plant needs a couple weeks to get its legs under it before it can really start flowering.

I have read on other forums to figure 11 weeks FWIW.

Back
Top Bottom