Time to put in bigger pot? Pics

crossjoint

Should these be transplanted into a bigger pot? The roots are starting to come out the water holes on the bottom of the pot. Or are they ok for now? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks :peace:

ctmpphpU2BKKp.jpg

ctmpphpYrh64O.jpg

Re: Time to put in bigger pot?? Pics

i dont kno a whole lot but i think thats hella bad

Lol nah dude its not hella bad, just need to transplant. Ive seen people that put paper over the bottom water holes just so the roots wont come out. They are only in quart size pots, I need to put em in gallon size pots.

Re: Time to put in bigger pot?? Pics

is it possible to add better pics? plants roots coming out of the bottom of your pot is never a good thing once the air hits them they tend to dry up. Once your root system is damage you will see an affect on your plant thats not good, I suggest transplanting asap to avoid damaging your roots.

:allgood:

I suggest if you have pots 2 gal or smaller U can wait until pot is half dry, push gently on sides at 4 different points and gently tip upside down with the base of plant (stem ) between index and middle finger, let the roots/medium (if using soil or coco) rest in your palm. Next slowly separate the pot from root ball and examine it (This only works with plastic pots). If the roots have reached the bottom and are wrapped around pot (growing in circles) overlapping each other then it really time to transplant. at least that's how I do it. As far as the newspaper at the bottom, I do it to keep soil from draining out of drain holes as well as to keep gnats from accessing roots and laying eggs from/in the drain holes. It also impedes the roots path of growth. Though its long, hope it helps.

Don't know if this is happening,but make sure your pots are not sitting in the water caught by your drain pans (runoff) because roots grow in search for any available water.

I suggest if you have pots 2 gal or smaller U can wait until pot is half dry, push gently on sides at 4 different points and gently tip upside down with the base of plant (stem ) between index and middle finger, let the roots/medium (if using soil or coco) rest in your palm. Next slowly separate the pot from root ball and examine it (This only works with plastic pots). If the roots have reached the bottom and are wrapped around pot (growing in circles) overlapping each other then it really time to transplant. at least that's how I do it. As far as the newspaper at the bottom, I do it to keep soil from draining out of drain holes as well as to keep gnats from accessing roots and laying eggs from/in the drain holes. It also impedes the roots path of growth. Though its long, hope it helps.

Don't know if this is happening,but make sure your pots are not sitting in the water caught by your drain pans (runoff) because roots grow in search for any available water.

Yea that helped for the transplanting. Thanks a ton man.

Not a prob. :welcome: Next time try to get a clearer pic. For this post I could see enough to know what U were talkin bout. So what did u end up doing and how is it working out 4 u?

I just transplanted em into 2.2 gallon pots with some Fox Farm soil, and they are doing great now. Short, fat, bushy things now...I'll upload some update pics...:headbanger:

Back
Top Bottom