TimeToSmoke - First Grow - Indoor - CFLs - Soil

TimeToSmoke

Ok I have never done this before. I have ordered seeds, just waiting for them to arrive.

Here is the Plan.

I will start with White Widow seeds, Fems. Only going to grow 1 plant at a time to start

What I have, The setup.

I bought a Light House tent,36"x20"x60" I know that the tent is small. I have to put it in a closet, and this is all the room that I have. It fits perfectly.

I went with a Vortex s-line 6" fan. My plan is when I move I will get a bigger tent, so this should be all the fan that I need. It is quiet, but I did build a muffler to make it silent. I kinda went a little crazy with the muffler but it works great. The muffler are and fan are outside the tent on the shelf above the tent. I got an Active air speed control for the fan. The fan sucks the sides of the tent in even with all the lower intake vents open, so I had to slow it down.

Lights, CFLs
1 250watt 6400k for veg, 1 250watt 2700k for flower. I have read most of the pros and cons on lights and have decided to try this. I will add some small side lights as the plant progresses. I am not trying to grow a monster crop and temperature is a concern since I live somewhere that gets very hot in the summer.

Soil, Idea 420.
I have a friend that has some and he is willing to give me some. He likes it but he told me that he is a control freak when it comes to his plants. He has used it and he said that it grows killer tomatoes too.

Pots, 3 gallon smart pots.
I built a rack out of 1/2" pvc to keep them from sitting in the water. Just something else that I went crazy over, but why not it is who I am.

RO water, Carbon Filter, Light timer, Ducting and some other miss. stuff that is needed to make this go.

Now I have done all of this so far without even smoking as much as 1 bong hit. In fact I have not smoked any pot in over 20 years. Could you imagine'n what the muffler would look like if I had smoked some bud?

muffler6.jpg
muffler5.jpg
grid.jpg

tent72.jpg

Re: TimeToSmoke, First Grow, Indoor, CFLs, Soil.

Ok I have never done this before. I have ordered seeds, just waiting for them to arrive.

Here is the Plan.

I will start with White Widow seeds, Fems. Only going to grow 1 plant at a time to start

What I have, The setup.

I bought a Light House tent,36"x20"x60" I know that the tent is small. I have to put it in a closet, and this is all the room that I have. It fits perfectly.

I went with a Vortex s-line 6" fan. My plan is when I move I will get a bigger tent, so this should be all the fan that I need. It is quiet, but I did build a muffler to make it silent. I kinda went a little crazy with the muffler but it works great. The muffler are and fan are outside the tent on the shelf above the tent. I got an Active air speed control for the fan. The fan sucks the sides of the tent in even with all the lower intake vents open, so I had to slow it down.

Lights, CFLs
1 250watt 6400k for veg, 1 250watt 2700k for flower. I have read most of the pros and cons on lights and have decided to try this. I will add some small side lights as the plant progresses. I am not trying to grow a monster crop and temperature is a concern since I live somewhere that gets very hot in the summer.

Soil, Idea 420.
I have a friend that has some and he is willing to give me some. He likes it but he told me that he is a control freak when it comes to his plants. He has used it and he said that it grows killer tomatoes too.

Pots, 3 gallon smart pots.
I built a rack out of 1/2" pvc to keep them from sitting in the water. Just something else that I went crazy over, but why not it is who I am.

RO water, Carbon Filter, Light timer, Ducting and some other miss. stuff that is needed to make this go.

Now I have done all of this so far without even smoking as much as 1 bong hit. In fact I have not smoked any pot in over 20 years. Could you imagine'n what the muffler would look like if I had smoked some bud?

muffler6.jpg
muffler5.jpg
grid.jpg

tent72.jpg

I heat is a concern, you may want to consider a small LED panel. A Mars reflector 48x3 will run you a little less then $100. If you are only growing one plant, it should suffice even though it is a little small for your tent size. A 96x3 reflector will cost about $165 but will cover your whole tent. Just something to consider. :peace:

Are the lights 250 watt equivalent, or 250 actual watts used?

And don't grow too many plants, with just a single bulb, you might want to consider only growing 1 plant at a time, as CFLs don't have the same penetration strength as other light sources.

I think that a 250 watt CFL is 250 watt draw, but it is a 1000 watt equivalent. Im not sure of this. From what I have read. I am a total nu bee and am still learning.

Supergroomer, I looked at LEDS but at this time $ is a factor and I was able to find 2 Cfls with reflectors for 120.00 so I went that way. now later when I have the funds I will get a led. I have been reading about leds and exploring building one. This is possible although unlikely.

I have been following your journals on this site. Thank You for your help.

Supergroomer, I looked at LEDS but at this time $ is a factor and I was able to find 2 Cfls with reflectors for 120.00 so I went that way. now later when I have the funds I will get a led. I have been reading about leds and exploring building one. This is possible although unlikely.

I have been following your journals on this site. Thank You for your help.

I hear you. We all have a budget we need to stick too. When the time is right, I think you will find (from a money point of view) that it will be cheaper to buy an led panel then to build one. You have to get all the colors of LED to give optimum light. Never mind the case, power supply fans etc. Now if you are a DIY guy and you want to have fun building, that is another matter entirely!! :)

It always costs me more money to build it myself. I think that it is more about the process than anything. Like building remote control airplanes. I did not fly most of them, I just built them. This is how I am looking at growing weed, will I smoke it? Hell yea! I mean I have to test my work. I will probably just give most of it away. This would depend of me being able to grow successfully in the first place.

It always costs me more money to build it myself. I think that it is more about the process than anything. Like building remote control airplanes. I did not fly most of them, I just built them. This is how I am looking at growing weed, will I smoke it? Hell yea! I mean I have to test my work. I will probably just give most of it away. This would depend of me being able to grow successfully in the first place.

I love my R/Cs. I have planes and Helis (all electric). I love them. I build them, I fly them and I crash them. Its like having 3 hobbies in 1:) I say Take them out and fly them like you stole them!!

Would that not be 4 hobbies in one? Build, Fly, Crash and Rebuild!

That would assume that it is not a pile of balsa toothpicks and solarfilm. :) I have put a few into the ground that were FUBAR. I prefer EPP foam. Bring a bottle of CA with you and you are back flying in a couple minutes!!:thumb:

Yep I hear you. That is why when I fly now I fly Zagi's.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom