Tiny black flies & yellow middle leaves

ZOKKUFU

I have a quick question. I have these tiny little flying black insects I think are messing with my plants. I also see them flying around my house. Any ideas????? Also I have yellowing middle leaves with brown edges that end up falling off. . Any ideas??

I have a quick question. I have these tiny little flying black insects I think are messing with my plants. I also see them flying around my house. Any ideas????? Also I have yellowing middle leaves with brown edges that end up falling off. . Any ideas??

The flies are Gnats and the yellow leaves can be caused by many different things. Without knowing anything about your parameters, the forum cant help you. Help yourself by reading the link below.

How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

Try using biodegradable dish soap in your water the gnats are usually attracted to fungus in your soil and that should clear things up also you could try using those sticky fly catchers to keep tabs on if they get worse or not.

The Gnats are attracted to decomposing matter so I'm guessing your using soil with some sort of compost in it? Moist, decomposing matter is perfect for them to lay thier eggs in thats what attracts them. The flying adults are harmless to the plants unless there numbers become extreme. The eggs they lay when they hatch into a little maggot love to feed on small feeder roots which can cause issues, but normally only if there numbers are large too. Treat the soil with Neem Oil, biodegreadable dish soap, and water. The Neem and dish soap will smoother the eggs in the soil and not allow they to hatch. It won't get rid of the adults but they will eventually die or leave. Treat them once a week and you should be fine. I've had them appear in almost every one of my indoor grows and have not had one major issue with them. Mostly just annoying

Soil Gnats aka Fungus Gnats. I grow organically and these little guys can, and do, show up at just about any time they can find a rich, moist, organic medium. Jmac420 has already explained killing them, so lets talk prevention.

The flies themselves are just a nuisance and do little to no damage; but the larvae will attack your roots. The flies are attracted to soils that are both moist and heavy in organic materials. They lay eggs in the top inch of the soil (if infestation is not serious, simply replacing the top inch of soil with fresh medium and disposing the old usually works well enough). If you take a small piece of good old fashioned fly paper, staple, tape, or wrap it around a popcicle stick and stand it next to the plants stem, and start practicing bottom watering - you'll probably never see these guys again. Another thing you could do is add ladybugs - I've never actually used ladies in a canna grow, but in greenhouse and nursery work I've done it plenty, it is a very common practice that successfully prevents and eliminates most types of pests.

cover your soil with a 1/4 inch of sand. It smothers the larva that live underground. really works. I have a 20 dollar bottle of gonat you can have .lol:high-five: sand is all you need

Back
Top Bottom