Tiny Flies in Grow Room

MsBiddy

Hi everyone, I have noticed that there are tiny flies in my small grow room, I've no idea where they came from and no idea how to get rid of them, please help! :thanks:

If they r not sitting on the plant itself they wont hurt it , maybe get high , but it wont hurt them. LOL

I have all kinds of insects go and come from my grow tent as I leave the tent door open and my bedroom window open. as of right now i got some hundreds of little bugs underneath the soil that r so tiny , but they dont go on the plant itself so it doesnt effect or even harm my baby girls

Start to worry once u notice ur plants dying or bite marks on ur leafs etc... as long as ur plant looks good and healthy the insects *majority of them* r just trying too find a place to stay warm and where there's light they dont care about ur plants, they care about making a new warm home :p

Hope this could help

Are they fungas gnats in the soil? Do they come out with you water?

Could be. You'd have to verify..

If so, just throw up some of these. I'm on my first grow and have what I believe are gnats. After adding gnat trap paper every day I check my closet I find more stuck flies and less flying around.

1667117670152.png

The only problem I understand is that if they start dropping eggs into your soil the babies will go after the roots. In that case a more drastic treatment of the soil will be needed. Search around on that..

Sounds like they maybe Fungus Gnats.. I have the little pricks, they sit on thetop soil and fly a little from branch to branch around her base..
I do not like em, and have been trying to eradicate em for a while..
Im using sticky traps, and they catch me heaps! But ive gotta stop em from being able to get into my soil, so im going to put some sand on the top soil as this should prevent them getting in.. About an inch or so of sand.
Some D.E, Diametaceous Earth kills em, but i cant find any near my town, and SNS makes a good spray for em too..
Goodluck mate! Smokemup..

Be great if ya could send me some DE!!!! Im in Oz, and cant get crap all here without a 500km drive, It sucks as if i need anything fast, im screwed.. Ill have to see if there is any suppliers here that can send me some..
It really sucks, wish we had more help for things, as soon as ya go to a plant nursery or garden shop and ask for anything other than " Potting mix" they give ya the evil eye and ya know theyre thinking ' Ahhh your growing MARIJUANA!! ' And usually the response is straight away - NO , WE DONT STOCK ANY OF THAT STUFF HERE! ' Grrr...

Be great if ya could send me some DE!!!! Im in Oz, and cant get crap all here without a 500km drive, It sucks as if i need anything fast, im screwed.. Ill have to see if there is any suppliers here that can send me some..
It really sucks, wish we had more help for things, as soon as ya go to a plant nursery or garden shop and ask for anything other than " Potting mix" they give ya the evil eye and ya know theyre thinking ' Ahhh your growing MARIJUANA!!

Haaa ....welcome to the "paranoid" society where your business is everyone else's business. What bullshit.

Shit man ...send me the money and I'll ship you out some DE. That's the problem where I live, near two hydro/gardening shops where most everything is available ..for the right price.

you could also use 3 % hydrogen peroxide mix it 4 parts water to 1 part hydrogen peroxide
& soak the top 2" of soil
don't use this if you are growing organic as will also kill beneficial bacteria

Back
Top Bottom