Tips for a specific strain?

Frostbourne

Hey folks im a fairly new grower, setting up a perpetual DWC grow with some freebies right now, but i am looking to order some seeds and i was really interested in the strain S.A.G.E. (sativa afghan genetic equilibrium), but havent found very much info on growing online. Anyone here grown it before? what kind of temps does it like? i know its a long flowering plant, but thats about it so any experience that someone can share would be very helpful

:thanks:

ps, i am mostly interested in the flavor it supposedly has, so i would also welcome other recommendations based on flavor

High Frostbourne

I'm more interested in pot for what it can do for me medicinally and growing it in DWC has been my favorite method for a long time.

Decent flavour is a great bonus but the effect is what I'm after. A buddy that's really into high CBD strains is sending me beans for a half dozens strains to try. I get pretty good relief for my arthritis from my canna cookies but get so freakin' high I have to go to bed.

I have a nice strain I made from a very high sativa strain, Kali Mist, that works great for my depression but is so heady that I get anxiety attacks and heart palpitations if I have more than small hit or two in the pipe. I crossed it with old Northern Light's #5 and the right pheno out of that is perfect. All the mood lift I need and no paranoia. 12-14 weeks to flower the right one out tho but well worth the wait for me.

I'd be interested in more detail about your setup and how you'll manage the grow to keep it going perpetual. :passitleft:

L8r

Thanks for the info man, there do seem to be some very long flowering sativas that give a very good head buzz, i have noticed. ill be sure to check out your grow man, and please stop on by, my perpetual is only seedlings right now but my first girl just started flowering so it should be a good show!

i do like flavor, im the kinda person into cigars and scotch so i appreciate the subtleties of taste, even if i may not be well educated on them haha. and i mean i *do * have chronic pain that weed helps with, but if i said i smoked medicinally i would really just be making excuses :lot-o-toke:

still interested in someone who has grown sage before :)

For first time growers, I suggest a hearty and forgiving strain. You may have trouble with this girl - she can be finicky.

Stick with the Kush's: Og, Tahoe, Inferno. Or Blue Dream. Or AK-47. These ladies are forgiving of mistakes, and hearty, and will produce a lot of fat, tight flowers. It's important in this stage of your learning process to get some experience and feel good about a successful grow.

Keep it simple for the first time. Learn to walk before trying to run.

~ Auggie ~

Thanks for the input, Auggie!

I have been very fortunate and my first grow so far has been very hearty and forgiving, and my second and third grows are well on their ways, so the sage would be for round 4-5 maybe :thumb:
have you grown it before though? what were your experiences? what makes it finicky?

I admit complete ignorance to THAT specific strain. Never grown it, cloned it ... or anything it. There is usually a lot of info on-line (I'm sure you've checked) on Leafly.com and others, but I have no experience with it.

The older a person gets, the less willing we are to try new things. At some point an old guy like me just kind of figures "Why should I take the risk? I know what I know and I will stick with what I know."

When someone tells me that they are a new grower, and want a recommend for a first grow genetic ... I go with what I know. And I know from experience which genetic strains I've had the best luck with.

Good luck. Oh, and PLEAASE let me know how it went when it's over.

~Auggie~

Back
Top Bottom