Tissue Culture Anyone?

OrGro

About to take another shot at tissue culturing...i’ve got 3 of the four steps nailed, gonna try a new hormone for rooting them in testubes....if i get that nailed, i’ll move on to making synthetic seeds....

Awaiting supplies, more as i get started....

About to take another shot at tissue culturing...i’ve got 3 of the four steps nailed, gonna try a new hormone for rooting them in testubes....if i get that nailed, i’ll move on to making synthetic seeds....

Awaiting supplies, more as i get started....
synthetic seed? how does that work?

synthetic seed? how does that work?

instead of rooting the culture, you force the cells to grow into seeds - very advanced and requires a class 3 lab

there is also artificial seeds, which is tissue culture stored in gel "seeds" which can be planted and grown like a seed - i assume thats what he means

instead of rooting the culture, you force the cells to grow into seeds - very advanced and requires a class 3 lab

there is also artificial seeds, which is tissue culture stored in gel "seeds" which can be planted and grown like a seed - i assume thats what he means
So basically what Monsanto would want to do in order to corner the seed market for the commercial growers. Then add in some work with CRISPR and who knows what they will come up with. Maybe a plant that does not produce more than 15% THC but naturally repels mites??

Two great cannabis tissue culture papers:

Source for sterile, vauum-sealed, ready-made hormone-media tubes for these papers:

I’ll be doing thus in my spare bathroom
tag me if you start a journal. i think it would be a unique contribution to the forum. pretty cool.

So basically what Monsanto would want to do in order to corner the seed market for the commercial growers. Then add in some work with CRISPR and who knows what they will come up with. Maybe a plant that does not produce more than 15% THC but naturally repels mites??
no, not really.
this is just propagation, not modifying the organism.

this is more like taking a clone, or making feminized seeds.

basically its just cloning in agar with different hormones
think of it more like mushrooms rather than monsanto

so, if i'm following (and i will)...
you've done the cleaning of the "sample", have put the in the medium (MS)...
now, and i'm guessing, you could let that sample create roots as part of the first step, and before you transferred them, you could put that testtube, say, in the fridge and keep that material for a several months to years...
is that correct?

so, if i'm following (and i will)...
you've done the cleaning of the "sample", have put the in the medium (MS)...
now, and i'm guessing, you could let that sample create roots as part of the first step, and before you transferred them, you could put that testtube, say, in the fridge and keep that material for a several months to years...
is that correct?

So, here are the tissue culture steps:

1577918969619.jpeg

I’ve successfully completed aseptic culturing and multiplication, haven’t yet gotten cannabis to root in vitro, but have rooted a couple other species.

I’ll be starting a new cycle in the next few weeks, will run a set of shoot tips inTDZ media (switching these to meta-topolin at rooting stage), and a set in meta-topolin media for the full cycle.

To keep strains “on ice”, until you want to plant them, you just keep repeating “Stage II” above...media needs to be replaced every month or so, and buds on explants need to be thinned out periodically so they fit in testtube.

Also tissue culture in the citrus industry to get rid of viruses that are imported in some strains of citrus. They graft under a microscope. Basically the apex is virus free and they graft that to get virus free strain. But this is all for viroids, which aren’t serious in cannabis. HLB is awful for citrus.

That’s all I know about “tissue culture”

Also tissue culture in the citrus industry to get rid of viruses that are imported in some strains of citrus. They graft under a microscope. Basically the apex is virus free and they graft that to get virus free strain. But this is all for viroids, which aren’t serious in cannabis. HLB is awful for citrus.

That’s all I know about “tissue culture”

Yep, that is one of the benefits of TC...

Back
Top Bottom