To cut or not?

Spelunko

I've read someplace that cutting leaves is bad for AF plants, but have also read that people cut leaves, while LSTing thier plant above any buds showing. Do the buds actually perform any photosynthesis? Then why the need for trimming the plant? I just want high yields. What to you experienced growers think. By the way, Indoors, CFLs, soil, Northern lights and early miss from CKS.

Thanks for input.

You can defol lightly to get light to budsites. You can also top autos. Don't expect too much from it though with CFL bulbs. I usually just bend my leaves and kink them out of the way.

You can defol lightly to get light to budsites. You can also top autos. Don't expect too much from it though with CFL bulbs. I usually just bend my leaves and kink them out of the way.

Ahh, good idea. I'll try the old 'kink and shift'..
Do you not like CFLs PeytonManning? I've seen some pretty decent results with them..

Thanks for the feedback.

-J.

I like CFL for seedlings and vegging because of electricity savings and led can be harsh on young plants. But it's hard to get tight dense nugs with CFL due to low penetration. It can work with a scrog because of the flat canopy, but autos need a lot of strong light to really produce in a short amount of time like the breeders do. Do a search on the forums for tutt style, and you'll see another way to get an auto to explode, and the way he tucks the leaves applies to autos as well.

Answered Jesstar on another thread. I debated what to do myself, and...I've let my autos just run and do anything they want. Take a look at my journal, just updated with pics today. It's really killing me, but I'll get the scissors blazing soon enough. Good luck with your grow.

Back
Top Bottom