Too early to top?

Pbass

Hiyall,

This lil feminized LA Confidential is popping her 5th set of leaves up from the cotlydons, but she's super short and 4 of the 5 sets are within the top half inch of her 3.5 inches.

I transplanted to a 3ish gallon pot last night which she took to really well. I'm planning on topping her, I'm wondering if I should cut now? There's a nice small 5th set I think I could FIM.

Thanks,

Pb

Attachments

• IMG_20190214_151336253_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190214_151336253_HDR.jpg
    905.3 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_20190214_151324118_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190214_151324118_HDR.jpg
    592.8 KB · Views: 22
Hiyall,

This lil feminized LA Confidential is popping her 5th set of leaves up from the cotlydons, but she's super short and 4 of the 5 sets are within the top half inch of her 3.5 inches.

I transplanted to a 3ish gallon pot last night which she took to really well. I'm planning on topping her, I'm wondering if I should cut now? There's a nice small 5th set I think I could FIM.

Thanks,

Pb
I would say wait until it gets out of the seedling stage, i usually wait until the 5th node, too early and you will stunt it, too late and you wont maximize your plants potential

Following along I have 3 seedlings that are behind yours but very compact. And I was asking the same question ;) Here is an example

Attachments

• blue_b1_adj_20190213.JPG
    blue_b1_adj_20190213.JPG
    458.8 KB · Views: 22
My thoughts were to let things grow out until i have a clean shot at topping between nodes 4 and 5

Nothing wrong with your plants, nothing wrong with the node spacing being closer together. Generally that have to do with the power of your light and your proximity to your light for your plant.
Excessive stretching occurs when you have a weak light that is too far away from your plants in the veg cycle.....yours look good.
I top between node 5 and 6, don't worry you'll know.

Thanks @Growingasmile I'm counting 4 nodes now. Should I be concerned about 3 of them being packed so close together?
A nice compact plant is usually good for indoors, the best things in growing you can practice is patience, it's hard because it's exciting and you want them to thrive as best as possible, but if you go too early it can ruin months of work, lots of reading and lots of practice.. she's looking healthy

Back
Top Bottom