Too much light?

Then one day the last remaining bit of energy & matter will finally be sucked into the only black hole left. And a trillionth of a second later it will explode and produce the next big bang and we start over.

Gee I sure hope I’m in heaven when that happens 🙄🤣

As a response to the original question "most plants" Have a threshold of what they can stand for light. Cannabis is unique in that they do not have that limit.

Look up Dr. Bugbee for a more detailed explanation. What limits cannabis is other environmental variables. They can only use what the environment gives them. Normal atmosphere they can only process so much. Add CO2 and increase the nutrient availability and they can use much more light.

If you go outside on a sunny day you will get ppfd measurements at 2k+. I just went out and took a measurement of 2600+. Very few artificial lighting systems can get that high without being right up on the light. Light burn is due to heat not light when it comes to cannabis.

PPFD is a static measurement. What we work with is DLI which is a measure of light intensity over a period of time. That number is 40-50 at normal atmosphere. Add CO2 and that number increases.

What you run into is a point of diminishing returns where the extra light is wasted because the plant cannot process all of it.

Back
Top Bottom