Top dressing flower fish blood n bone?

Pondwater

gia green and all them all use it for flower mixes but I don’t know ratio

I have a potash high compost I mix to ewc for Topdressing , I’m wanting to add gypsum barley malt and bran as I do

but wanting to swap the chicken poo To add diversity so thinking to use some fish blood and bone which is similar npk 5-4-4 , but unsure how much to add per 50l pot ?

When I use it in the garden, a small handful [about 2-3oz?] per sq/yard does the job
I use a bit more if I'm digging it into a plot
Am indoors plant pot growing , my ph is a lil high atm so adding organic matter etc and nitrogen to drop the ph by increasing nitrogen bacterias

Am indoors plant pot growing , my ph is a lil high atm so adding organic matter etc and nitrogen to drop the ph by increasing nitrogen bacterias
Unless the pH of your soil is very high it might not be worth the trouble to try to lower the pH. Nitrogen drops the pH because it makes the soil more acidic over time which might not be what you want to do. It could take a year or several years of adding Fish Blood & Bone meal to drop the pH enough to make a difference. Something to consider.

To add diversity so thinking to use some fish blood and bone which is similar npk 5-4-4 , but unsure how much to add per 50l pot ?
Which product are you thinking of using. Telling us the name of the company and the actual name of the product will help us look it up. It is possible that some of us are familiar with the product or something similar. So far I have not found anything calling itself Fish, Blood and Bone with a NPK of 5-4-4.

Unless the pH of your soil is very high it might not be worth the trouble to try to lower the pH. Nitrogen drops the pH because it makes the soil more acidic over time which might not be what you want to do. It could take a year or several years of adding Fish Blood & Bone meal to drop the pH enough to make a difference. Something to consider.

Which product are you thinking of using. Telling us the name of the company and the actual name of the product will help us look it up. It is possible that some of us are familiar with the product or something similar. So far I have not found anything calling itself Fish, Blood and Bone with a NPK of 5-4-4.
It’s elixir gardens fish blood bone ,
What would you do to lower phs in soil ? I feed ro water my ph atm is 7 in a pot I have here that was in bad shape so chopped it n binned it with mites
The soil is dry but did ph test guessing other pots the same should be similar and got 7.2ph
I am guessing the other pots are more stable but I am assuming if that pot phs went up that must be too

What would you do to lower phs in soil ?
I do not bother with the pH of my soil. I know the range of the pH of my tap water is between 6.2 and 6.4, most of the time 6.2 to 6.3. Most of the time I use rainwater or melted snow and the pH has been 5.8 to 6.1 the last several years. I rarely check the water's pH anymore, maybe once a year just to know that it is still close to what it was the year before.

Your soil pH of 7 is a bit on the high side but that is still within range and acceptable. Keep in mind that the best way to find out the pH of the soil is to send it off to an agricultural laboratory which can do the test properly. If you want to do a soil test yourself you should look up "how to do a soil slurry test". Then do the test several times to be sure that the results are consistent. Sticking a probe in the soil or into the water that went through the pot into the saucer is not the way to do it.

As some here on this message board have said many times, trying to figure out the pH of soil can be like a dog chasing its tail. You will be getting numbers that can change in a matter of minute and you will get nowhere doing it. And, it distracts you from many other gardening chores that need doing.

Looked up the Elixir Gardens Fish Blood & Bone. @Roy Growin mentioned the dose to use in a garden. I did not find a way to see the back of a package of the fertilizer to see if there was a mention of how much to use in a pot of soil. It seems that the Elixer is best for outdoor garden beds and not potted plants. Even for outside use the instructions mention to sprinkle on top of the soil and then turn the soil over and mix it in for best results. And it seems to be slow acting since I keep reading that it only has to be applied every 7 to 8 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom