total Bud weight required

charisma4u2

When making bubble hash in buckets with the bags, how much would one ounce of buds not trim yeild in hash?

How about you give us an estimate of the percentage of THC/CBD/CBN/etc. - trichomes - that your bud has by weight?

Seriously, it depends. A lid of commercial garbage-brick is not going to net you the same amount of bubble as a lid of good sin semilla would. And one person's definition of "good sin semilla" is quite possibly different from another's. Over time, even that one person's may change as they get better at growing their own and pickier.

And then there's the fact that not everyone uses the same size mesh bags, or rather some use a set of eight, some use a set of three; some only count the hash that comes from a certain micron size and don't consider the rest as being worthy as they are making quality personal clear dome full melt (<DROOL!>) hash, while others might consider everything that they get in their total, etc.

It's kind of like asking 1,000 people, "How high is high enough?" You might get 1,000 answers and your answer might be different from all of them. The best thing to do is to just start climbing....

How about you give us an estimate of the percentage of THC/CBD/CBN - trichomes - that your bud has by weight?

Seriously, it depends. A lid of commercial garbage-brick is not going to net you the same amount of bubble as a lid of good sin semilla would. And one person's definition of "good sin semilla" is quite possibly different from another's. Over time, even that one person's may change as they get better at growing their own and pickier.

And then there's the fact that not everyone uses the same size mesh bags, or rather some use a set of eight, some use a set of three; some only count the hash that comes from a certain micron size and don't consider the rest as being worthy as they are making quality personal clear dome full melt (<DROOL!>) hash, while others might consider everything that they get in their total, etc.

It's kind of like asking 1,000 people, "How high is high enough?" You might get 1,000 answers and your answer might be different from all of them. The best thing to do is to just start climbing....

Could not have put it any better!

How about you give us an estimate of the percentage of THC/CBD/CBN/etc. - trichomes - that your bud has by weight?

yeah what he said! :cheer:

I can only speak for myself and my set up and my 3 bag set but for trim I average between 10% and 20% return. I don't make hash from my bud. I use it for my vaporizer. I used to buy mexican brick weed and make hash and the return on it was dismal but at $25.00 per ounce it was still worth it. Even got some of it to bubble a few times.lol

thank you oks226 and racefan. I was just looking for a estimate not a exact amount. can you make hash from bud that has not been cured or a plant that has just been harvested? an ounce does seem like a good starting point if using bubble bags.

thank you oks226 and racefan. I was just looking for a estimate not a exact amount. can you make hash from bud that has not been cured or a plant that has just been harvested? an ounce does seem like a good starting point if using bubble bags.

Supposedly the quality of the bubble hash willbe better if from fresh trim/buds. This is what Headies says anyways, the maker of the original BubbleBags.

I will put this to the test in the next week or 2 so I shall see..

I made under an ounce (22-23 grams if I remember.. theres a pic around with my hash on a scale here somewhere) of bubble with roughly 6 dry ounces of bud/trim. About 3.5-4 ounces was bud the rest trim and popcorn lower buds. To my disappointment it didnt really bubble so I take this is due to the fact it was not fresh green bud not dried, not cured. It was still good though. I will make a batch with just fresh trim no bud this next go around.

I feel like I could have gotten more if I did not put so much crap into one 5 gallon batch. next time I will try to go an ounce at a time agitate for a good long while then add more ice and do another ounce.. repeat...repeat... Wit too much green in the top you probaly aren't allowing all the trich's to make it to thre screen, they get caught up in that "green leafy vegetable matter with the disgusting pungent smell associated to that of the marijuana plant"... sorry I have to quote that line from my police report once in a while. It makes me giggle.

I think mcBudz is correct, fresh buds will make better hash, but dry buds will make more.
The reason dry='s more is more plant matter ends up in the hash as it crumbles into small enough pieces to get through the bags. One thing with fresh is more of a chorophil taste than dry trim. but for true full melt fresh is best.

The reason dry='s more is more plant matter ends up in the hash as it crumbles into small enough pieces to get through the bags. One thing with fresh is more of a chorophil taste than dry trim. but for true full melt fresh is best.

Hmm... Cure it well and then place it loosely in a container with something moist, being careful not to overdo it or allow mold to happen and then make the hash?

Back
Top Bottom