Transparent Rolling Papers

HAHA420 said:
this stuff is safer and more healthy to smoke than traditional papers for jays
...no plastic involved what so ever, it does not affect the taste, and are MUCH more closer to being natural than your zig zag's or peach optimo. "This transparent paper does not contain the cemicals used to make paper white (lead, arsenic and other heavy metals). These chemicals are necessary to make the paper acquire the color white."
If you arrange carbon atoms in certain ways, chemists call the result a "plastic". That is how I was using the term. Most plastics are made from petroleum. They have recently made plastics from corn. These papers are some kind of plastic.

You may be right about the health effects, but being "natural without chemicals" does not mean to be without taste.

Back in the mid-70's there were clear rolling papers that were made from potato's. They had very little taste and it was a trip watching it being smoked. They needed no glue because it stuck to itself when wet, like pure rice papers. You had to have bone-dry hands to roll one.

There are many brands of pure hemp rolling papers, some bleached some not.

I am pretty sure these papers...or wraps, are made of the same material used in gelcaps for medicines, like tylenol, nyquil etc. Pretty cool looking. I think i'll try a few so I can see the smoke going through the weed and into my lungs. ummm..yummy

merickson said:
If you arrange carbon atoms in certain ways, chemists call the result a "plastic". That is how I was using the term. Most plastics are made from petroleum. They have recently made plastics from corn. These papers are some kind of plastic.

You may be right about the health effects, but being "natural without chemicals" does not mean to be without taste.

"Yes, cellulose is a bioplastic. Cellulose is simply a polymeric form of glucose, and all plastics are either homopolymers or copolymers of various organic compounds (i.e. polystyrene, polyethylene, polyacrylamide). As such cellulose can be classified as a plastic. It may not be the first thing that springs to mind when you think of plastics, considering it's not made from dino-juice, but it does fit under the broad umbrella of what defines a plastic."

response:

"For sure a biopolymer... not a bioplastic.

Perhaps a cellulose ester (acetate) could be considered a bioplastic. But my reading yields only reference in "green" sources to cellulose "bioplastic"."

It is a Biopolymer. Period.

In the old days (mid 70s) McDonalds milk shakes contained cellulose, it was used as a food filler product. I read the label of the shake mix a friend brought home from work to show me.........:peace: :cheesygrinsmiley:

I've learned something new! I think that they look ok. I'm not too sure if i'd use them much as I love to toke in public plus I try to buy 100% hemp papers off our local market and the hemp papers I buy are nearly see through anyway.

There is no ash.

I just bought some of these. They cost 4.00 a pack.

I really like these. They burn great, and you taste nothing but the bud.

I've used ZigZag for many years, but I think I've found a new favorite!

Definatly have to pick me up a few packs of these, pretty cool :allgood:

oh ya i forgot that mention that i got to use these the other day. lets just say i was pretty impressed! all you can even taste is herb and for some reason it burns so slow that it went round like a blunt. thats the only time ive tried them so who knows but i thought they were cool

I used them last week and I really didn't like them. They burnt to quick and boated like crazy. EZ Wider 1 1/4 are still my favorite.

I just bought a pack and they're okay. I think I just rolled it too tight. No taste, but it is a little weird at first because it really does feel just like plastic.

Euphoricpa said:
I used them last week and I really didn't like them. They burnt to quick and boated like crazy. EZ Wider 1 1/4 are still my favorite.

really? mine burned super slow to the point it caught peoples attention

Back
Top Bottom