trichomes

timota

maybe someone can give me their opinion.
i have a plant it is in the seventh week of flowering and takes 7 or 8 weeks before i pick em, has plenty of trichs all over,
here is the question, will the plant from this point on grow more trichomes or maybe just get more potent or a combination of both, the reason i ask is because it is temting to just pick it now. i have a microscope the trichs are half milky what do you think?

I see it as "catching the top of the wave".
Trichs form, grow, darken, and degrade. It's a natural wave process and catching the majority of trichs at the peak of their ripening process is the key.
For example... if you use mechanical harvesting on your apple trees, you bring in a big shaker and shake the crap out of your tree. All the fruit falls, and if you time your harvest right, you can maximize your usable harvest.
If you want the best harvested material, wait. If you cut now, you'll see a noticeable difference in both quantity and quality of trichs.
Seems like a great time to busy your hands and mind with curing technique research and planning.

Cheers!

There's an excellent read regarding trich's in the bud section I believe. If I'm incorrect someone please correct me. Answers everything you want to know about those amazing sugar sprinkles.

I had to look, couldn't find the document I mentioned, but in the Harvest & Preparation section you'll find an excellent read on trich's in the When to Harvest thread.

Back
Top Bottom