Trichs

are you using a microscope or magnifying loops of some nature? when I first started checking trichs I made the mistake of buying a 100x handheld microscope so its next to impossible to check the trichs on the plant without wiggling too much to out-of-focus shit. soo I just clipped tiny leaves in various places, no trichs age the same rate, you just want a general consensus of trich age on your plant, remember, your upper buds near the light will mature faster than the lower branches

so you check leaves? I can hold my scope steady on the buds

Yes, you can check the sugar leaves - the small ones that are growing out of the buds. I wouldn't check the fan leaves personally.

And generally you want an average... not some exact composition. As noted above, the lower buds will be less mature and could be clear or milky when the top is done.

Here is a thread which explains in it much greater detail with photos and everything: What are Trichomes? Trichome 101

Some reps for you because you made it this far...

:goodluck: and have a great harvest!

lol yeah mine wiggles so I take sample calxys from all over and check each one out on a white background. I can post some pics if you wana see, but yeah try for all over, they all age at different rates too depending on the environment! good job!

Back
Top Bottom