Trim?

benjamin29

IMAG00998.jpg
IMAG00985.jpg

Can anyone help. My plants seem to be growing well, at present they are at 8 ft, is this too big? Do i need to trim them down ready for budding.
Many thanks for your time.
benjamin29

Re: How to Ask for Grow Support

Hey benjamin29 no there not to tall unless someone can see them other than that i would put some stakes in there to open up that plant and get some air moving thru there they look good

Re: Trim ?

I would get some trillis netting and net them up. Wind can kill you overnight friend. When they get this big the branches can just snap down by the base.

Home depot sells the trillis netting for like $7 for an 5x15 net. It would be easy to put on now. And you would not even see it in a week. This will protect your plants from any wind damage.

Plus if you do not cage up the rain will pound those large buds to come right into the dirt. Your going to have a huge wall of buds. You will need something friend. Trillis netting would be really easy with your setup.

sl739180.jpg

Re: Trim ?

I would get some trillis netting and net them up. Wind can kill you overnight friend. When they get this big the branches can just snap down by the base.

Home depot sells the trillis netting for like $7 for an 5x15 net. It would be easy to put on now. And you would not even see it in a week. This will protect your plants from any wind damage.

Plus if you do not cage up the rain will pound those large buds to come right into the dirt. Your going to have a huge wall of buds. You will need something friend. Trillis netting would be really easy with your setup.
sl739180.jpg
T:goodjob:HANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME TO ANSWER MATE. I WILL GIVE IT A TRY.

wow your plants look amazing man, you have a really neat set up, but i couldnt put something like that up in my garden it would get noticed. I am nervous enough about the plants as they can be seen by some of the neighbours, i'm not sure if they dont know what they are or they do and dont care. But, i be glad when harvest time gets here and i can reap the benefits. I only planted some seeds in the garden to cover my smoke, as it is so expensive now. I never expected anything like this to grow, guess i must have green fingers. I have pinched as few grow tips out and dried them up and it smokes luverly, and thats not even the buds, so fingers crossed it'll be nice. Should last me a lifetime just this harvest. Good luck mate and fanks for taking the time to answer my question.
Regards benjamin29
goodjob.gif

Just run a trillis netting acrross your plants. No cages or covers. After a week you will not see the netting but it will lock all your plants togather.

If you do not net your plants and you have any kind of wind say goodbye to half your crop. Also when the buds get big the rain will pound them right into the dirt breaking the branch.

Just get some trillis netting and lay it acrross your plants. It will cost you about $8 just to lay it on and stake down on each end. Just need to stop the buds from falling under there own weight.

Ok mate i will give that a try. It would be heartbreaking to go this far and lose half in one go. Where you from and what do you do in your spare time? I am from Brighton in the South of England. I have a son aged 15 and i spend a lot of my time with him playing sports, i also walk my dog for miles in the countryside on my days off.

mr. benjamin: curious how your garden is growing and going, sir . looked like your timeline might mirror us here in north americaeven with an ocean between us. nifty. your setup has given me ideas for my own next season.

hola senorpeaches.
They starting to bud now so hoping in 3-4 weeks to be harvesting. I had to net them up thanks to a suggestion from a guy called dirtfarmer (dont know where these names come from) I am glad i did coz we had big winds here the last 3 days and i would have lost some if i had not. I think as we both in northern hemisphere then autumn comes at same time so should be on roughly same schedule. Thought of you guys yesterday with the tv coverage of 9/11. Tough day. but you have support of us over here. Take care senor:thumb:

I noticed the buds just showing about 2 weeks ago. Although a mate of mine has planted some in country and they are more developed than mine. Could that be down to the size of mine being big plants? I really dont know much about doing this, i just planted 4 plants coz i was sick of paying the monster prices they charge for weed over here. They grew far beyond my expectations, mind you i aint complaining. I know plants start budding when the light reaches approx 13-11 or 12-12 but do they continue to bud when the light gets less or do they stop. Im not sure when i should harvest, obviously i wanna do it as quick as possible while i am getting away with it, but i dont want to harvest too early. Sorry to keep bugging you for information dirtfarmer but have you any ideas?

Thank for all your time on this mate i really appreciate it. I have posted the pics to members gallery under benjamin29, im not sure how to upload em to this message. Sorry. I am a bit concerned that small leaves are still growing in the buds is this normal?. Mind you seeing your pics i noticed the buds were not real big until 15th october. Thanks again. Talk soon

Back
Top Bottom