Trimming and drying in pot?

Grandma Weedstein

Hey there,

I saw someone mention in a post a while back that they prefer to trim and dry the plant while it’s still in the container. I saw a photo of this method and it looked pretty cool — like a bonsai relic of a cannabis plant. I tried following up with questions about the advantages of this technique but didn’t get a reply.

I was thinking about using this method then giving the dried plant away as a gift, specifically for the visual impact. However, I’m wondering if there are other benefits to doing it this way. Also, are there any pitfalls I need to watch out for? Does the drying time take longer?

If the medium is bone dry it would work but I see no real benefits in doing it that way.
I was thinking it’s be cool to give it to my friend as one bonsai plant full of weed, ready for him to chop and cure. He wants to experiment with different curing methods, so I just need to dry it.

I suppose I could just yank it by the roots, hang it and then repot for a similar aesthetic effect. It’s just a matter of a fun presentation rather than giving him bags of weed like usual, LOL. But it sounded like this person actually realized some sort of benefit from drying in the pot.

That's a cool gift idea. I need a friend like you...lol. Ive read all kinds of crazy shit on growing boards. You just never know what your going to see when you click that new posts tab. Hell, it would prob work out fine. It's not going to harm the bud I just don't see any benefits in doing it that way. If you do it please post a pic with a big bow tied to it...

I was thinking it’s be cool to give it to my friend as one bonsai plant full of weed, ready for him to chop and cure. He wants to experiment with different curing methods, so I just need to dry it.

I suppose I could just yank it by the roots, hang it and then repot for a similar aesthetic effect. It’s just a matter of a fun presentation rather than giving him bags of weed like usual, LOL. But it sounded like this person actually realized some sort of benefit from drying in the pot.
The world needs more friends like you my man!

Hi Grandma W.

I’ve done this before, but I double bagged the rootball & container in garbage bags, then taped the bags where it joins the plant stalk. I did this so I could dry hang upside down without dirt falling back on the plant while inverted. Then I dunked the greenery in a 15 gallon tub for bud washing. The main problem I see is that after couple days of hang time I like to do low & slow drying in fridge, hard to put a bush in the refrigerator! This can be tricky too if the plant was a bushy monster - it may help to spread the branches apart with a stick or clothes hanger to get better air flow. It does dry slower & more evenly but at some point you want to get it jarred after take down & how that would impact timing on gift giving.... anyway I’ve seen you around & know you have skills to figure it out... so best of luck to ya!

It's my preferred method. Before trim and day 1 & 8 of dry. Soil auto grower.

Attachments

• IMG_20200525_171257329_LI.jpg
    IMG_20200525_171257329_LI.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20200528_113622991.jpg
    IMG_20200528_113622991.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20200605_105330480.jpg
    IMG_20200605_105330480.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 23
Back
Top Bottom