Trimming damaged leaves on autos

PhatMatt421

I have my first dwc set up going, obviously being my first run at this I've come across some minor problems. That however is not the problem. I should say im growing Quick One by royal queen seeds and berry Ryder by auto seeds.

Basically I've sorted out what went wrong and everything is going quite well, but some of my bottom leaves on the berry Ryder are damaged. Both plants are the same age and one were growing at the same pace but since the berry Ryders leaves got some burn on them it's just stopped growing, well not stopped but slowed down a lot. I'm just wondering if trimming these leaves is advisable. In the attached photo the bigger plant is the Quick One. Cannabis recently became legal in my country .

420-magazine-mobile1921654081.jpg

420-magazine-mobile235158881.jpg

trimming them, especially at the bottom, wont help a thing...done wrong could be a bad thing. Leave them be and let them fall off naturally when they are done being reabsorbed.

They're both auto fems. The Smaller one is auto Berry Ryder by auto seeds and the bigger one is quick one that's already started with flowering

dont try to fix that what isnt broken .... they look fine ...

me personally will stay miles away from any strain that has Ryder, Dwarf or Lowryder in its name unless u plan to grow in small stealthboxes like pc casings and the likes ... i believe that the strains with this nomenclature has undesired high ruderalis heritage % (up to 50%) i rather select my autostrains on its lineage and look for hybrids with only 10% ruderalis ( imo the lowest u can get without loosing the autoflower trait, also lowest i have seen available).

so basically that berry ryder might stay very small cause of high ruderalis content.

Pt

Haha to be honest, the quick one and berry Ryder were free. It's my first time using a dwc system so I figured use free seeds. I also have 2 Think big Dutch Passion and a tangerine dream by blimburn in Coco/perlite mix.

Berry Ryder seems to be taking off. Figured fuck it and do a res change and I upped the ppm to 550 (From 419). Glad I didn't trim them.

Haha to be honest, the quick one and berry Ryder were free. It's my first time using a dwc system so I figured use free seeds. I also have 2 Think big Dutch Passion and a tangerine dream by blimburn in Coco/perlite mix.

ooh tangerine dream .. that has my attention sparked ... well any tangerine strain has ... i wonder what that might taste and smell like ....

peace

pt

Another question kind of on the same topic. A single leaf on one of my dwc plants fucked out over night. It looks way worse under the LED lights. Anybody know what caused this? Photos below

Back
Top Bottom