This Is True

RangerDanger

I swear on a stack of kilo's the following tale is true.

Circa mid--70's, late summer.
One day I go to my folks house. They were on vacation and asked me to put the trash out on the curb. I rarely go all the way back to the property line out back.
So I grab a trash can and get ready to haul it out front when I notice, on the other side of the 5' wall--
6 pot plants, all big and bushy.
Whoa Nelly.
I got to know the guy who used to live next door and got high with him a few times. He'd clean his weed and toss the seeds out the window.
And nature took it's course.
The guy no longer lived there. He had married and moved back east months earlier and I had lost all contact with him. No one had lived there since.
The plants weren't fully ripe but I had no weed, so I hopped the fence and picked a little, intending to leave the rest there for when it was more ripe.
I took the weed I had picked into my folks house and was quick-drying it in the stove.
I happen to look out the window a few minutes later and I see cops walking down my neighbor's driveway.
I go outside and say "hey" in a friendly way "what's up officer?"
"We had a report of a burglery in progress. Did you see anyone over here? It's a white male with long hair and a beard."
Then he looks at me. I'm a white guy with long hair and a beard.
"were you just over here?"
I look down the driveway to where the plants were and there's another cop standing there looking at the plants.
So I said "yeah"
(Apparently someone had seen me jump the fence and called the cops).
"I saw what looked like pot and I jumped the fence to get a better look." Which was true.
I also mentionerd that no one had lived there for months.

So we're at the back of the properties by now, me on my side of the wall next to the trash cans and the cops on the other side.
One cops does a quick 20/20 and see's there's no obvious sign of a break in.
So then one of the 2 cops said. "Well we gotta rip this up."
One of the cops does, and then to my utter amazement, he hands me the plants over the wall and says "Here throw this shit away for us"!!!
I say "No problem", take the plants and throw them in the trash can.
And they split.

The best thing about this is I didn't lie. Everything I told them was true...I just left out a part.

I talked to a cop I know about this and he said "well there was no one to bust and the cops didn't want to hassle with it."
Of course as soon as the cops left I retrieved the plants from the trash can and took them home with me.

Another great story, RD!!!

Thats a toker's fantasy..

Ranger Danger sure knows a good story when he tells it.

That they are true adds little to the joy of reading his stories.

Back
Top Bottom