Truth Movement Investigates Marijuana Controversy

Weedpipe

420 Member
The Ball State University Truth Movement tried to answer the question of why marijuana is illegal Tuesday in Pruis Hall.

The group showed the film, "The Union: The Business Behind Getting High", a documentary about a group from British Columbia, Canada, researching the illegal business of marijuana production and distribution in the British Columbia Province.

The film then shifts focus and looks at why marijuana became illegal in the United States. The film uses a wide range of sources, from a Harvard University biomedical professor to former police chiefs and D.E.A. officers.

The film presented information on marijuana controversy ranging from the $7.7 billion spent by law enforcement on marijuana crime to the industrial uses for hemp fiber.

Vice President of the Truth Movement Matthew Ping said the idea for showing the film and creating the event came from online research of the subject.

John Boger, Truth Movement president, said he wanted students attending the event to "not be consumed that marijuana is bad" and to "open people's eyes to what is going on."

More than 50 students attended the event and most left before the brief Q-and-A session that the group held at the end of the showing.

News Hawk- Weedpipe 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: 2009 The Ball State Daily News
Copyright: 2009 The Ball State Daily News
Website:Truth Movement investigates marijuana controversy - NEWS

As soon as I watched "The Union," I was convinced that every adult in the English speaking world should see it. It is one of the best pro-cannabis documentaries I've seen. I'm glad to see that there is a group that has the same idea.

Back
Top Bottom