Trying it after a long absence

snicrep

I'm an older but Active person. I smoked a lot from when I was 15 til I was 36 when we started getting tested at work. Now I'm retired but still work but there's no testing.
I tried 2 hits off some girl scout cookies the other day and got a strong effect right away that got more intense as time went on. I felt very self conscious and feeling for a while like I was having a hard time maintaining. That was about an HR or so. I was able to do some yard work ok but i was just wanting to not deal with anyone. It got better. I went out and did errands but I felt effects about 8 hrs. I know effects vary from strains to strain, but I want to know if anyone else has had a similar reaction after a long layoff. I'm starting a grow soon an intend to try some more. I'd hate to think ( and be disappointed) if it's gotten too rich for my blood.
Thanks

Hey snic,
I'm not exactly like you in the fact that I've had a layoff of a period of let's say 20 years but mine was 5 years and I came back and I was such a suck, small drags and I was gone out of the earth, but what really helped me out was finding a strain that I wanted and desired to help with those feelings. Search around the different canna websites like leafly and cannasos those effects do mean a lot. I recently found that jack herer was my strain clear happy no worry and at some points felt like I didn't even smoke. That's what I like and other people's preferences are different. Some want to sleep, some want to eat. I want to be productive others want to be lazy there's something for everyone.
Hope I didn't rant on :ganjamon::rollit:

Totally normal. I had a 10 year break and smoked half a j of Northern Light and I knew I was in for a ride...I had 2 hours allotted (which, from memory, was all it used to last) to enjoy it before my wife and kids came home but was still super stoned when they arrived (after a swim, a shower, and light walk around the property trying to sober up)! Strains are generally stronger these days so you just need to let your body acclimate. Definitely worth trying different strains to see what works for you.

Thanks for that. I'm willing to try different strains. I refuse to believe I can't have fun like b4. Back then we smoked whatever came along. some good. Some excellent and some real trash.
I realize ( at least the girl scout) that it really is strong medicine. Maybe one puff for starters would have been better.

Thanks for that. I'm willing to try different strains. I refuse to believe I can't have fun like b4. Back then we smoked whatever came along. some good. Some excellent and some real trash.
I realize ( at least the girl scout) that it really is strong medicine. Maybe one puff for starters would have been better.
Back in the day you used to clean out half of the weight (stems and seeds) prior to smoking! And then it was mostly leaves anyway...

I find that edibles are a much easier way to regulate dosage, plus I no longer smoke cigarettes so smoking isn't as enjoyable. I make a mean THC honey and put it in some hot lemon water...I pretty much know that 1-2 teaspoons of honey does the trick so there are no surprises. Plus, I can imbibe it in front of my kids and by the time they are in bed I am beginning to enjoy the effect.

We thought a bag of leaf was a good thing. (No sticks or seeds). And I didn't know how much I didn't know about growing until I started researching places like this site. Back in the 80s
I used to just plant seeds and walk away and nothing ever lasted until.... I was mowing on the property and a plant caught my eye. But it had thick, over- produced buds. About 3 ft tall. I'd never seen it like that. I thought it was supposed to look like the vegetive state, didn't know about flowers. It smelled very perfumey. I showed it to some friends and ended up giving it away. Now I know it was sensemilla from some random Mexican strain. Didn't know about trichrome development. I just knew how to smoke it.
It was early winter so it was about finished, but I live where it never snows and winter days can be 45 one day and 80 the next.

Yeah but I think it gets TOO hot. We get about 4 months of mid to high 90s with 80 per cent humidity. I can't grow tomato's too late without them rotting on the vine. Maybe with a sun block fabric.

Yeah but I think it gets TOO hot. We get about 4 months of mid to high 90s with 80 per cent humidity. I can't grow tomato's too late without them rotting on the vine. Maybe with a sun block fabric.
Not liklely...I have had these in 110F and 95% humidity...as long as they get a break (night) they are fine.

Well alright then! I'm thinking on germinating one to place in a discreet nearby location outdoors. Well hidden, shielded from too much wind, my main worry is it or me being discovered.

Well alright then! I'm thinking on germinating one to place in a discreet nearby location outdoors. Well hidden, shielded from too much wind, my main worry is it or me being discovered.
I am no expert of guerrilla growing, but if you can find a wetter area the plant will be happier...

Yeahhh. That seemed like a strange segway. "Expired weed"? Guess they should've checked the "best if used by" date.

Back
Top Bottom