Trying My Go With Extreme Leaf Defoliation In Flower

GreenBlood1

420 Member
I've seen so many pics and videos on defoliation. Not at just the usual point early in Veg when training and tying down, but removing large amount of fan leaves 3 weeks into flower to open them up so they just let go and grow! I'll keep posting pics as they recover, I think it's going to be more like an explosion of growth.... First group of pics will be early Veg defoliation, their recovery. 2nd group will be 3 weeks into flowering photo period after aggressively defoliating. The 2nd pic, the one under the purple hue LED, that was 4 days after the Veg defoliation and tie down. During flowering plants are moved into room with 1000 watt double ended HPS. I like to use Green lights in the dark cycle. I've 2 nightlight green LED'S and 1 10 watt green spiral CFL. Leave them on 24/7, nothing to remember or extra timers. They use little electricity. Makes dark cycle work possible and nearly impossible to have a light leak unless you purposely make it happen. The green lights and light out shades allow me to Veg in the room 18 hours on and Flower in the closet 12 on. The green overpowers what little light may leak in. I'll post some new pics in about a week after the flower stage defoliation....

Cool... Love the green light idea and it has no ill effects cause plants can't see it awesome idea for doing night work... Think I'm going to always keep a green light on in dark hours if it protects from light leaks by drowning out the leaked light, never knew it could do that! :)

Cool... Love the green light idea and it has no ill effects cause plants can't see it awesome idea for doing night work... Think I'm going to always keep a green light on in dark hours if it protects from light leaks by drowning out the leaked light, never knew it could do that! :)
It's very nice never having to worry about the Veg state grow going on in the room with the closet in flowering photo period. I use a lot of green lights, low wattage, just leave on all the time. I also have shades hanging to help block light, but without the green in the closet, there would definitely be light leaking in even if no shades hanging. It also looks so cool when the plants are flowering. Especially with green LED lights shining on them. The Trichomes sparkle like green diamonds.... The netting around plants and the Trellis blocking closet door is to keep my cats out. They like eating the leaves... Included pics showing how well the green lights drown out the grow light in the neighboring room.

Attachments

• 20190816_015810.jpg
    20190816_015810.jpg
    411.5 KB · Views: 114
  • 20190917_152147.jpg
    20190917_152147.jpg
    570.1 KB · Views: 107
  • 20190918_153852.jpg
    20190918_153852.jpg
    454.2 KB · Views: 100
  • 20190918_153908.jpg
    20190918_153908.jpg
    484.4 KB · Views: 102
Wow that is awesome!... It makes growing weed look even cooler! lol ... Gonna have to get me some of those lil green LEDs and make it look like a nightclub in there for the ladies... any specific LEDS I should lookout for?

All I've noticed when it comes to green light, the green LED night light bulbs work well, also the florescent green bulbs are good. I did buy one bulb that was LED and the light it put out was more a mild green with a faint white hue. I did not trust it, so never used. Just be sure the green lights you get Project a deep dark green, if all you can see is a deep green, that's all your girls will reflect. Best if you put the green lights on 2 sides of your plants, so multiple angles flood over the plants.

Back
Top Bottom