Trying to figure out what deficiency

extocity

my blue dream has had a deficiency for about a week now. im assuming its potassium or phosphorus but not sure.

Attachments

• BDD.jpg
    BDD.jpg
    719.2 KB · Views: 41
Hey extocity,

Welcome to the forums at 420. We need more info to help you..... be specific in your answers please
How old is the plant?
Is that photoperiod or auto?
What is in that soil mix?
How often do you water?
Do you adjust ph? To what value?
Have you given any nutes? If so which ones?

That’s a mighty young plant to be having a deficiency... me thinks something else is afoot

Hey extocity,

Welcome to the forums at 420. We need more info to help you..... be specific in your answers please
How old is the plant?
How often do you water?

That’s a mighty young plant to be having a deficiency... me thinks something else is afoot
How old is the plant? 1month.
Is that photoperiod or auto? photoperiod
What is in that soil mix? i honestly cant remember what soil it is. i threw out a bag over a week ago. all i remember is it was a pretty cheap soil. was short on cash at the time and since have switch to coco for the rest of my plants.
How often do you water?every day or 2 depending when needed
Do you adjust ph? To what value? try to keep it around 6.5
Have you given any nutes? If so which ones? general hydroponics flora series. last 2 weeks.

Hey extocity,

How old is the plant?
How often do you water?

also those brown spots on the leafs can literally be broken off. theyre dry as hell.

So this one is soil only? But your others are coco?

ok soil & coco are totally different. Coco is inert, there is nothing in coco to feed your plants. coco is a hydro format - it is not soil. They gotta be fed every day or every other day but they cannot be allowed to dry out. Feed 1/4 to 1/2 strength nute solutions every time no plain water for coco, and again they cannot dry out. Yes adjust ph 5.5 to 6.0

on your soil plant, yes that’s a very cheap soil mostly peat but it still has some energy. This plant is probably both overwatered & watered too often. Soil grown plants need a wet dry cycle but they do not need water every day or every 2 days or every 3 days they should be coaxed or trained to dry out completely. Also that soil does not have humus or aeration, you need a better soil mix. The problem here is you’ve got a tiny plant in a huge container, the roots have no direction, no big rootball to take over. We use upcan this is more for photos but we start in 20 ounce cups grow the plant when it gets rootbound we jump to 1 gallon grow the plant out make it root bound again and then the last jump is into large final container. Before the upcan we score the roots with sterile knife a couple of times - this encourages plant to take over new container. It focuses on rootball growth to propel into flower. Some adjust ph some dont but the numbers are 6.0 to 6.5 For soil grows work the wet dry cycle hard in veg but in flower keep soil moist. A great LOS or supersoil can carry a plant all the way thru flower with just water only .... but this is not a good soil mix & yes you will need nutes. I think most of the yellowing is the roots can’t breath they are drowning. Tilt the pot at 45 degree angle for 15 minutes & see how much water drains out. If water drains out then don’t add any for about 5 days or until the plant begins to wilt.

What size bucket or bag is that?.

yeah that’s necrotic or dead

So this one is soil only? But your others are coco?

ok soil & coco are totally different. Coco is inert, there is nothing in coco to feed your plants. coco is a hydro format - it is not soil. They gotta be fed every day or every other day but they cannot be allowed to dry out. Feed 1/4 to 1/2 strength solutions every time no plain water for coco, and again they cannot dry out. Yes adjust ph 5.5 to 6.0

on your soil plant, yes that’s a very cheap soil mostly peat but it still has some energy. This plant is probably both overwatered & watered too often. Soil grown plants need a wet dry cycle but they do not need water every day or every 2 days or every 3 days they should be coaxed or trained to dry out completely. Also that soil does not have humus or aeration. The problem here is you’ve got a tiny plant in a huge container, the roots have no direction, no big rootball to take over. We use upcan this is more for photos but we start in 20 ounce cups grow the plant when it gets rootbound we jump to 1 gallon grow the plant out make it rootbound and then the last jump is into large final container. It focuses on rootball growth to propel into flower. Some adjust ph some dont but the numbers are 6.0 to 6.5 For soil grows work the wet dry cycle hard in veg but in flower keep soil moist.

yeah that’s necrotic or dead
i know i was overwatering it cause it was droopy afew days ago. it just sprouted back up a day ago but those leafs have been getting worse. i havent watered them in 3days now. probably shouldve mentioned that earlier. i had it in a solo cup till afew days ago and it was rootbound so i transfered it to a 3g (all i had sitting around at the time.)

No worries... Are you using cal-mag? Gonna need to do that tilt 45 degree angle thing but since it was just upcanned it may or may not drain but I’d still try it, Support the plant & soil so it doesn’t fall or shift the soil.

but in the future you gotta water the outside perimeter lightly so the old rootball will seek out the extra space. You can also scratch around 2 or 3 places on edge of old rootball to slightly injure the roots to force her to grow new roots and hook up better with the soil in the 3 gallon pot

my blue dream has had a deficiency for about a week now. im assuming its potassium or phosphorus but not sure.
I said it in your other thread...
...you're in coco coir and you have to water twice a day with small amounts of nutrients and cal-mag, not to mention you have to PH your water/nutrients to 5.8...

I’ve seen your craft bro.....drop the hammer on this kid & show him those puny assed colas!:slide:

im trying to egg him on extocity.... wait til you see a pic or two. Trust me - mind blown!
What :hmmmm: you mean these? :rofl:

Yep.... mocha can grow better shit in a crack in the sidewalk that I can with with all the nutes at zen hydro.

thanks dude!
:rofl: :rofl: Thanks bud :passitleft:...I've had years and years of practice, and lots of learning from my mistakes :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom