Trying to mix organic soil, will this suffice?

voodoopoerk

Just went out and picked up some dry fert, kelp meal, worm castings, peat moss, garden lime and vermiculite.
I was thinking of doing
1/2 part peat moss
1/2 part worm castings
1/2 part vermiculite
1 cup of garden lime
1 cup kelp meal
1 cup dry fert

Plant needs to be transplanted soon to a bigger a pot, I just got the soil, I was going to mix it up and transplant it. I've read that cooking the soil is beneficial but not necessary, should i wait and risk waiting too long to transplant or just do it with possibly a less hot soil?

Just went out and picked up some dry fert, kelp meal, worm castings, peat moss, garden lime and vermiculite.
I was thinking of doing
1/2 part peat moss
1/2 part worm castings
1/2 part vermiculite
1 cup of garden lime
1 cup kelp meal
1 cup dry fert

Plant needs to be transplanted soon to a bigger a pot, I just got the soil, I was going to mix it up and transplant it. I've read that cooking the soil is beneficial but not necessary, should i wait and risk waiting too long to transplant or just do it with possibly a less hot soil?

Sounds ok apart from...

1. Vermiculite retains moisture sob over watering might be a problem... most will use perlite to aid drainage/aeration of compost/soil !

2. Dry fert ratio depending on total amount of compost/soil used may lead to to be over hot... but depends on stage of plant growth !

3. I may even question amount of garden lime used as this is dependant on PH value of growing medium if known !

So ye it boils down to what amount used of each, it would help if it was in metric conversion... could convert if imperil system was used.

Back
Top Bottom