UFO any good?

SirGreeny

Hello all

This is my first post,I have spent a few days googling a grow set up for swim.

I was set on a lumatek 250 digi dimable ballast and have that running @ 150 watts for now with the ability of eventualy running at the full 250 watts should more plants be introuduced to the grow room.

I have then stumbled across leds.

The light is only to power one plant that will be 12/12 from seedling and then a before it flowers grow a couple clones so as to have a cycle of small plants for personal use.

I have read that the led light should have deep reds,red,blue and white leds.

Also that the light should be 2/3rd's the power of equivilent hps which would have been 150watt.

In which case would this Be enough for a one plant grow in a small cupboard?

2012 PRAKASA® 5 BAND 90w UFO LED Grow Light with 50 x 3w LEDs = 150w | eBay

I am under no false illusions that this is as advertised by many the power of a 400hps set up but more realisticly equate to 150hps?

Thanks in advance for any imput, I have searched and searched but kind of getting fed up reading threw contradicting threads now lol.

Just incase anyone doesn't want to open the link I have copied the important info and left out the brand name incase this is against forum rules.

LED Configuration:
50 x 3w LEDs
Power consumption:
90w
Lumens:
≥2700 Lm
lifespan:
50,000 Hours

Color:

Deep Red / Red / Blue / Orange / White

Wavelength:
Deep Red: 660nm, 5 leds

Red: 630nm, 30 leds

Blue: 460nm, 5 leds

orange: 610nm, 5 leds

White: 15000-20000K, 5 leds

I have grown one plant under a UFO, as well as one of my buddies is doing it now. It works great for one plant.

Many thanks your ufo an early prakaska 90 x1watt,90 x 2watt or the latest 90 x 3watt?

I have been offered an early one that is only red,blue and orange very cheep although I will most probably go with the latest one out.

Also im noticing the realy hi end leds also have some ir and uv lights in there,how big a role do these play as the one I have linked here does not have these.

Thanks for any imput.

Back
Top Bottom