Unarchive A Grow Tent: How To Clean

Delps8

After a three year layoff, I'm getting ready to start another grow. I zipped everything up on the tent, closed the ports, etc. so there's not a lot of dust in the tent but there's a "ring around the tub" from the nutes. What should I use to clean the tent and the res?
There was dust on the shelf unit that I was using (as well as a rat that bit into a power cord) but, besides that, everything fired up when I plugged them back in…including the Bluelab! :)

IMG_2389.JPG

IMG_2386.JPG

Apologies for not updating. I use the bleach first, then the CLR, and everything's looking great. I hemmed and hawed about doing another grow over the holidays ("life" stuff) and just got around to ordering the bits and pieces that I'll need for a "winter" grow. I'll have most things here in a few days but I did have to order a new cistern and that will take a few weeks to get here.

Had lots of other little crap to deal with. A leaky cistern; a water chiller that wasn't drained before being stored for three years; getting the RO system ready; two defective out 2 Vivosun combo meters; had to return the first heater I bought because it had something rattling inside; etc.
One piece of the puzzle that I'm missing is about insulating the res - I'll have a heater running in the tent so I'll need to run the chiller. Question - with a 10ºF temperature differential between the air (heater on high) and water, should I bother to insulate the res? The little research I've done into this tells me that the shiny bubble wrap stuff has an R value of 1 so I don't see that as a solution.
At this point, I'll just leave it as is.

I've had a bucket of water in the tent for a week and it's been right at 66 - 67 the whole time. The air temp has been high 60's at night to 71 in the day.
"if I was paying to chill the water then Any additional R value …" - that's a good way to put it. Thank you. That absolutely makes sense.
That's an easy-to-do DIY thing. I'll take care of that over the weekend.

Back
Top Bottom