Unknown problem so far

simca

420 Member
Hello
Growing for the first time. Both ladies are growing great so far but suddenly there is one problem popping up in its initial stage and so far I am confused if its Nitrogen/Potassium deficiency or its early sign of Nute-burn? I dont see super dark green leafs so unsure if its nute-burn.

Details
Gorilla Glue & Durban Poison (Both Auto Flower)
Medium - 40% Worm Casting + 15% Coco + 15 Perlite + 30% Compost/Soil mix
Soil PH - (With Soil meter sometimes it shows 7 and sometimes 7.5 but gets back to 7 after a while)
Watering - twice a week almost 500 ml with PH water 7, home filtered water.
5 gallon fabric pots
Cover corp - white clover
Temperature - 82-86 F
Fertilizer - Practically NONE so far.

They are still growing fine but suddenly both have started showing burned tips specially in new growth.

Yesterday I fed them first time 2.5ml of NPK 15.7.7 in base of Humic Acid mixed in 500ml water and lowered the PH of water by citric acid to 5.5 to control possible high PH in soil. I did this for the first time after I saw these symptoms.

Is it possible that I have created a very high nute living soil?

Yellowing of lower leafs on Gorilla glue was caused by light burn i guess, I dont see it in new leafs.

Please give your opinion to safe these ladies to possibly get further sick.

IMG_7066.jpg
IMG_7067.jpg
IMG_7068.jpg
IMG_7069.jpg
IMG_7070.jpg

I’m pretty unfamiliar with soil but I’m sure someone will b along with more help than me lol
I hope too. So far no one replied :-D

I made alot of research and did some brainstorming to figure out that everything was going super good for first 20 days and then boom both started showing these same symptoms together.

The only 1 thing I could think of is that I did LST to both, and lower new baby branches started to shoot up super fast after they started getting more light and that may have caused some nut deficiency.

Today I removed all lower leafs that were not getting any light and fed them 1000ml of water each with 1.5ml of NPK 15.7.7 + 2.5ml of molasses.

I added 30grams of elemental sulfur as top dress and mixed it by hand, but I dont think it will make any difference to soil PH, it will take 3 months for sulfur to lower the PH. I have bought some Aluminium Sulfate and will add that too next week to lower soil ph as its water soluble and gives immediate result.

Will keep everyone posted, may help some future new grower bro!

yea thanks for this chart, I saw it earlier too and thats what is making me confused that if its Nitrogen def/burn or potassium def. They all look similar with burned tips/edges.

Yeah looks like nutrient burn, usually yellow to brown tips! Just dial back the nutrients a tad and all shall be well!

Hey thanks alot guys for the answers.

Actually they started showing these symptoms before I fed them anything, and I was keen on not feeding them anything at all because of living soil.

Earlier it was just plain water, some microbial teas and molasses without any nutes. I fed them this NPK 15.7.7 in Humic acid base for the first two times after I suspected some deficiencies by these symptoms.

If it is nute burn because of overgrown whiteclover and 40% wormcasting has made a very hot living soil then they are destined to die. Nothing can save them, but the question is how they grew up perfectly till day 24 without any extra nutes and then suddenly both are nute burned. Then it means after 3 weeks of watering the microbial life has extra kicked in :-D. but still unsure if that is really possible?

Hey thanks alot guys for the answers.

Actually they started showing these symptoms before I fed them anything, and I was keen on not feeding them anything at all because of living soil.

Earlier it was just plain water, some microbial teas and molasses without any nutes. I fed them this NPK 15.7.7 in Humic acid base for the first two times after I suspected some deficiencies by these symptoms.

If it is nute burn because of overgrown whiteclover and 40% wormcasting has made a very hot living soil then they are destined to die. Nothing can save them, but the question is how they grew up perfectly till day 24 without any extra nutes and then suddenly both are nute burned. Then it means after 3 weeks of watering the microbial life has extra kicked in :-D. but still unsure if that is really possible?
Yes. Many peeps on here have issues with organic soil being too hot in the beginning.

I grow in soil. My well water pH is 7.4, total alkalinity of water is around 120ppm. I never check pH. It really isn’t needed in soil.

Also, our plants like an N-P-K of 2-1-3. Looks like your using 15-7-7. Too much N in my opinion.

You should only water when your plants need it. If you are watering on a set schedule of twice a week, you may be watering too much.

Also, EWC have very little NPK, something like 1-0-0.

I use Mega Crop. It’s a 1 part dry nute that you dose by weight. A lot of people here use it with great results. It’s very easy to use.

I grow in soil. My well water pH is 7.4, total alkalinity of water is around 120ppm. I never check pH. It really isn’t needed in soil.

Also, our plants like an N-P-K of 2-1-3. Looks like your using 15-7-7. Too much N in my opinion.

You should only water when your plants need it. If you are watering on a set schedule of twice a week, you may be watering too much.

Also, EWC have very little NPK, something like 1-0-0.

I use Mega Crop. It’s a 1 part dry nute that you dose by weight. A lot of people here use it with great results. It’s very easy to use.

Thanks alot, thats some good info. I thought EWC are high in nutes.

Today they both seems good, brown tips have turned more brown and dry but plant has started shooting growth again and they look alot healthier again. Now I am not sure if it was actually a nute def/burn at all, rather just water deficiency because I fed them first time 1000ml, earlier I was feeding them like 500ml each in 5 gallon pots. Or it was really nut deficiency. These are the only 2 things that I changed.

it will be more clear in a week that what was wrong.

Yeah, it’s not the NPK of the worm castings so much as what they can do for your soil. They just make everything better, so to speak.

“Worm castings” always make me think of little worms dressed as wizards casting spells :ganjamon:

I definitely want some of what you’re smoking. :ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom