Unknown strain - soil mix keeps showing deficiencies?

jummejum

new growth looks just fine, mostly fan leaves that gets these weird looks.

i had to use another soil brand, since the brand i normally use isn't available at this moment, and it keeps teasing me and my plants.

3 gallon buckets, 70% soil, 15% sand, 15% clay pebbles.

And now for the pictures.

wasisdassss.jpg

wadgad.jpg

Ty 420!

Re: Unknown strain, soil mix keeps showing defiencies?

How often are you feeding?
How often flushing?
What's the soil ph?
Water ph?
Room temp?
Humidity?

Not to familiar with that sandy of a mix. Sure it drains fine.

Re: Unknown strain, soil mix keeps showing defiencies?

I feed every time, small doses and keep adding up, and then flush with plain water after 3-4 feedings. Soil ph on bag is 6,2-6,8.

I have no equipment for measuring humidity. Room temp is 22-25 deg. I never check water ph, but i know that the water from tap is 7,4-7,7ph. I only use tds/ppm meter, and have always done, never had these issues. Tapwater is 450-500ppm, so first time feedings i always aim for 600-700ppm, and then add up slowly.

I'm not to sure if that is a def ?

For some reason i'm thinking of light burn symptoms kind of looks like that...

Light might be to close ?

Reflector design may create a heat spot ?

Some times if misting plants the remaining water on the leafs can get to warm & burn the plant tissue !

Some times a transpiration issue on the plant bit like sweating may create some like the misting bit just above !

Just another take on the subject it might help, it might not ? but can not be over looked in the long term.

I'm not to sure if that is a def ?

For some reason i'm thinking of light burn symptoms kind of looks like that...

Light might be to close ?

Reflector design may create a heat spot ?

Some times if misting plants the remaining water on the leafs can get to warm & burn the plant tissue !

Some times a transpiration issue on the plant bit like sweating may create some like the misting bit just above !

Just another take on the subject it might help, it might not ? but can not be over looked in the long term.

I am using a tent, so i would assume reflector material should be just fine. I just recently adjusted the lights, so now its 8" from light to plants, before it was 14-16" away. It might be the remaning water from feedings, that "burns" leaves. I fed the plants recently, and a small nute burn has appeared, turns out that my tds pen isnt calibrated. Uhh!

I will take some new pictures in a couple of days.

The reflective material of the tent is not a problem.

It is more of reflector/hood design thing...

006723.JPG

That is my old hood, back where the bulb screws into the fitting i use to get leaf burn problems just below that point at a given distance from plants to bulb/hps, the burn problem always occurred in same place of the tent under the hood & took a few grows to work it out...

I'm just sharing some stuff i learned by chance, it might not be the problem ? but Mmm some thing else to ponder over !

Er ye what size bulb are using by the way like 400w, 600w etc etc

I stepped away from cfls and hids. So i am only using leds. At the moment i use the 96x3w topled reflector model on veg setting only.
But i guess this strain might be vulnerable since it reacts so quickly to almost anything.
The reflective material of the tent is not a problem.

It is more of reflector/hood design thing...

006723.JPG

That is my old hood, back where the bulb screws into the fitting i use to get leaf burn problems just below that point at a given distance from plants to bulb/hps, the burn problem always occurred in same place of the tent under the hood & took a few grows to work it out...

I'm just sharing some stuff i learned by chance, it might not be the problem ? but Mmm some thing else to ponder over !

Er ye what size bulb are using by the way like 400w, 600w etc etc

Back
Top Bottom