Urgent - Plant Looks Sick - New Grower

Trizzy24

420 Member
Problem:

- Leaves turning purple and brown and dying.
- Leaves with bite marks or holes

IMG_56722.JPG
IMG_56714.JPG

Soil Grow Outdoors

Strain: Unknown/Could be Blue Dream not 100% sure

# of Plants: 8

Grow Stage: Vegatative Day 44

Bucket Size: 3 Quarts (will be transplanting into 5 Gallon pots)

Light: Sunlight about 9 hours worth

Nutrients: Fox Farm Big Bloom and Grow Big once a week

Soil: ProMix Ultimate

PH: 6.7 mostly rain water last couple weeks

Temperatures: Day 80's Nights 70's, 60's.

Humidity: 88%

Pest: Unknown

Any help is greatly appreciated.:thumb:

Bugs, obviously. Look under the leaves for signs of eggs, adult spider mites, etc. You will need to spray with some kind of organic soap and water solution and trim away the affected leaves.

Thanks for the advice. One question, when you say trim affected leaves does that mean all leaves with noticeable bite marks?

Personally, I would. I don't like my ladies wearing ragged clothing. Plus, the critters that are eating your MJ may be hiding somewhere under those leaves. Damaged leaves often get fungi, which are drawn to dying tissues. They also can transmit disease to healthy leaves.

Once you trim, and then treat for bugs, any new growth will let you know whether or not you got all the buggers. ;-)

Personally, I would. I don't like my ladies wearing ragged clothing. Plus, the critters that are eating your MJ may be hiding somewhere under those leaves. Damaged leaves often get fungi, which are drawn to dying tissues. They also can transmit disease to healthy leaves.

Once you trim, and then treat for bugs, any new growth will let you know whether or not you got all the buggers. ;-)

Thanks a lot for the help bro, definitely gonna take your advice hopefully everything works and ill update with some pics.

Yeah, it looks like bugs. I'd spray with neem oil throughout veg.

As for the purpling, it could be caused by stress (the bugs) or by low temperatures. If you are getting nights in the 60's, it may just be a bit cold for that particular strain, but shouldn't affect growth too much. If it's not on any un-bitten leaves, it's probably just the pests.

Back
Top Bottom